Deluxe - TFSource Article

Maz

Between late 1984 and 1986, Hasbro released a series of Transformers characters in North America and Europe that never saw release in Japan as "Transformers", despite previously being available as part of other Japanese toy lines. These non-Japan Transformers became known in the Western world as Jetfire, Deluxe Vehicles and Deluxe Insecticons. Another thing that all of these toys had in common was that they were not manufactured by Hasbro or Takara.

Deluxe | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

xdlx01.jpg

Big thanks to Brr-Icy, jonnyshaft, karaokeninja and Mijo for the contributions.

All the best

Maz

These were always more interesting to me than the Microman guys, although I have a soft spot for Diaclone. And it was always the ones, that for some reason even to this day, I can easily call them by their original series names without having to look anything up.

Tokuso Kihei Dorvack

Kiko Chutai Beetras

Regarding Chop Shop and your question about being released in original colors, Beet Gugal looks way better than the Transformers release.

I think Sky Lynx' origin is still probably the foggiest. We know who made him originally, but nothing much more than that. No pre-TF toys were ever released and I think there is a prototype that existed and there is some tiny grainy picture of it. And that's it. Kinda disappointing.

Even so, its interesting how popular Diaclone and Microchange toys are, but these other pre-TF guys are not in too high of a demand. This means their Pre-TF releases can be had for a good price, considering how expensive everything else has become over the years.

The color scheme on all the Armored Insect Battalion Beetras look WAY BETTER than the Deluxe Insecticons release. And while they may come out a little more affordable than the Diaclone and Microchange toys, they're still hella-hard to find.

Archived