Age of extinction toys

SuperSaiyanGoku

Optimus has been the only new movie figure we have seen so far, but will the other size classes of figures like the human alliance size class be among the new movie figures? Because I would love to see more of the human alliance figures, maybe a HA Topspin.

Will there be a chance that we will get some of the DOTM figures that were cancelled in the age of extinction toyline?

Hate to sound like a basher of movie toys but unless they are supremely kick ass, I'm off that wagon. Too much other good stuff I would rather get than what they have put out toy wise of late when it comes to movieverse items.

Hasbro tried to warm us up at BotCon and SDCC last summer to the idea that the new movie toys would be simpler toys. Citing the difficulty in transforming previous movie toys, it should have been no surprise that leader class Optimus Prime was a shell former. My guess is we are going to see a lot more of these easy to transform toys coming along, if that Prime is any indication.

• 4 weeks later...

Its a shame that the movie toys are being made simpler. I actually really like the more difficult and complex transformations that came about in the main line and movie lines. They just seemed more satisfying.

• 2 months later...

Let's just see what the Dinobots look like. I'm not committing to anything. Only things I plan on buying are Generations Rhinox, Rattrap and Waspinator this year. Maybe Arcee and Chromia depending what they look like and the rest of the G1 Generations figs if I find them ever on sale. Point is, AoE would have to be mind blowingly spectacular to grab my wallet.

I have regretted buying and sold almost every movie toy I have picked up over the years. I am keeping my expectations VERY low with this toy line.

Like Damnit Dog said, I am a Prime-ist too and will most likely pick up any good Optimus (even the shell-formers if they look good on the shelf) at a reasonable price.

I am trying to keep calm about the movie Dinobots too. I am not going to start buying movie dinobots just for their namesake. They will really need to impress me to earn a spot on my shelves.

When I hear things like simplifying the transformation my mind goes straight to "kids toys" and those really dont appeal to me. I think that is one of the reasons I have lost a lot of interest in anything other than the MP line.

Archived