Microblaze Creations MBC002 Voyager-size Not-Onslaught for FOC Bruticus New Images

ExVee

After a frustratingly cryptic first reveal quite some time ago, we finally have a little more of the Voyager-size third party figure based on Fall of Cybertron Onslaught. By way of Planet Iacon on Facebook we now know this project is being handled by Microblaze Creations, and the shown prototype is being referred to as MBC002. The new batch of photos shows MBC002 in full combination with the retail Combaticon limbs, and it's looking great! To see all the photos keep reading. Read the Full News Story Here

07__scaled_600.jpg

I dunno. I think it looks really nice, but compared to the Add-on set for this figure, it will more than likely be double that price. I am guessing it will be like $100 - $120 for it. I like it, but I don't like that my onslaught figure is now a loaner and I won't use him anymore or have any use for him with this set. Also, it looks like you have to take apart, well at least in the picture Blastoff's arms in Combined mode. I do like the added weapons for the other characters and it does make Bruticus look really nice, but overall I think the add-on kit is a better value since it only adds to it rather than replacing figures, but that is my opinion on this. I hope it does well though since it looks like it was given a lot of attention in detail, engineering and planning. I just feel that figure will be so out of place with the other ones since they are in essence under engineered vs. the 3rd party figure......:tfevil.\

I'm putting in my official guess right now that this will preorder at $150. That way anything lower will be a pleasant surprise. ;D

I'd say there's a case to be made equally for either means of adding to FOC Bruticus. I'm looking at this one like a potential to keep Onslaught and Impactor more distinct for people who are interested in a set of Wreckers. Especially since the other upgrade solution is probably more likely to see a Wrecker variation than we are to see an Impactor version of MBC002. It's a shame the market is probably way too small for anyone to ever be interested in doing a figure like this for a more comic-oriented Impactor. Even iGear's Warpath-clone Impactor never materialized and it didn't have a dependency on several other figures.

If the money is right and it's established later that somehow or other all the limb toys can be utilized without being disassembled I wouldn't mind grabbing one of these. That other set will surely be cheaper and it makes strides to patching over some of the weaknesses of the stock set of toys, but there is really only so much that can be done. ...I guess that'd mean I'd need to round up another set of Combaticons though. I have my doubts that a G2 edition of this will be forthcoming at all soon.

So are they going to retool it and make him into Impactor for the FOC Ruination? There are 5 Brutici and Ruination for 6 variations for this figure to team up with, which one are they going to do first? This figure could do very well with 5 variations backing it without a retool...If it does well they have to retool it into Impactor. IF Takara releases a set of Ruination there will be 7 sets to back this figure....... :tfevil

SDCC Bruticus

G2 Fruticus

Hasbro Bruticus

Bruticus vs Grimlock PE

Takara Bruticus

Hasbro Ruination

Archived