MP-22 Masterpiece Ultra Magnus With Trailer

BaCon

I also hope that we'll see a hasbro release of this guy. No reason why they wouldn't bring over a transforming truck after all

But then again, they haven't even touched any of the cars. Anyone know why?

Rumor about the cars is that Hasbro would have to pay for the brand licensing for a US release. Either it takes time to set that up, or Hasbro isn't willing to shell out the cash. If you noticed, all the Tomy releases are officially licensed with the car manufacturers, and even have their logos on the box.

Even if they secured car licenses, Hasbro would still have to tie-in a release of MP cars with SDCC or some other nonsense. They'd also end up as a store exclusive. Hasbro can't just sell Masterpiece Transformers like regular Transformers.

I also hope that we'll see a hasbro release of this guy. No reason why they wouldn't bring over a transforming truck after all

But then again, they haven't even touched any of the cars. Anyone know why?

I'm not sure why they haven't touched the cars. Maybe they think nobody would buy them. They could seek the cars in packs of 3 for $120. The pessimist in me thinks that Hasbro hates the fact that the majority of the customers for transformers is adults. They just don't want to admit it and so they sell crap like those giant vinyl, non transforming POS instead of more MP merchandise.

oh god those vinyls are so hideous lol

the takaratomy cars arent that expensive anyway at least...maybe i'll just import a few. Prowl and Red Alert

Magnus, however, is too expensive at over $200. I'm definitely gonna hope for a hasbro release instead.

Archived