MP-22 Masterpiece Ultra Magnus With Trailer

BaCon

Breaking News from BigBadToyStore.com � The next release in Takara�s Masterpiece Series will be the MP-22 Masterpiece Ultra Magnus with Trailer � �Perfect Edition�! Ultra Magnus will be based off the updated MP-10 Convoy mold and will at last come with an all new fully functional trailer that will combine with the Ultra Magnus cab for the ultimate display piece! Note: the current pricing of $289.99 is not yet finalized and may be reduced later. Read the Full News Story Here

TAK11771__scaled_600.jpg

Interesting. Not 3 bills interesting enough however. If it goes domestic for about half that at TRU, I'll consider it.

Yeah I was wondering if this guy is popular enough for Hasbro to bring out in the US. I am guessing it will be around $120 - $150 if they do bring him out. I want a MP Ultra Magnus, but come on....this is almost as bad as the third Parties now with the announcement and nothing to show us.....At lease give us some concept sketches and new artwork...not the G1 Box art.....I am very curious....:D

For that price, it must come with more than just the trailer, or this trailer is just ridiculous. Maybe it comes with Buggy? Wouldn't that be something? Or maybe he can be cut up into multiple peices like in TFTM? :tflaugh

I agree. Hope they can pull it off. I think every time Has/Tak thinks about making a new Magnus, they just scrap the idea of using the trailer as armor probably due to cost. That's why we just get white Optimus Prime repaints. They didn't even try a parts-forming trailer like that 3rd party one.

I think we are going to be surprised by what Takara Tomy comes up with....I think they are realizing, finally, that the MP line has a lot of money in it....so they finally decided to do some engineering and we're going to see MP-10 (maybe modified a little) with a Car Carrier trailer that will become armor and fit over it. I just hope they don't pull a MP Hot Rod and make a 1.0 and 2.0 versions because they didn't make it right the first time. I honestly am having doubts it will come out over here under Hasbro.....but you never know anymore.....:shrug

I think it all comes down to what they are going after. Except for more recent comic series (Dreamwave I think) and a miscoloration in the G1 Marvel comic, there never was any "white Optimus Prime robot mode" rendition of Ultra Magnus to ever show up. So they could definately use the method of having the cab and trailer be part of the same thing, without having separate parts. Did Ultra Magnus ever show up in the cartoon as just being the cab with no trailer attached?

I also hope that we'll see a hasbro release of this guy. No reason why they wouldn't bring over a transforming truck after all

But then again, they haven't even touched any of the cars. Anyone know why?

Archived