Masterpiece Soundwave

Nemesis Prime 2x13

never saw the optimus and only saw thundercracker a few times. did find 2 soudwaves this morning tho.

So this might be a sign that Hasbro has gotten a clue!! Did you pick one up for yourself?

as my collecting usually goes, got one from an amazon seller for more money earlier this week :roll

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never saw the optimus and only saw thundercracker a few times. did find 2 soudwaves this morning tho.

So this might be a sign that Hasbro has gotten a clue!! Did you pick one up for yourself?

as my collecting usually goes, got one from an amazon seller for more money earlier this week :roll

But of course!! I've done that more times than I care to admit. The thing is, sometimes you just can't gamble.

I went to Stabby TRU and they didn't have any. I asked the kid in Electronics if they got "The Soundwave" in. Obviously they are asked about it enough that you don't need to specify it as MP Soundwave since they didn't say "Oh we have BH Soundwave or We have Constructabots Soundwave in" but then he said the only store in the county to get them was the Sheridan one. That I know is false because Transit got in 2, one sold and the other got crushed on the truck. I may see about calling up this "only store" and see what their stock level is like.

MP Prime I saw the day I got mine and I believe two other times, one being a returned to shelf layaway. If I hadn't put mine on layaway at first sight, then I probably wouldn't have got one.

I doubt they had any idea it would sell so well. They probably thought after the first MP Prime, there wouldn't be as much demand for the new version.

True!! And hopefully they see how much interest we adults have in collecting. I never see kids buying transformers anymore. It's always adults!!

That has always been my problem with Hasbro's demographics. I simply can't imagine what cooky formula they came up with to determine what peoples motivations for making certain purchases are. Surveys won't help much. They simply don't get answered by enough people to be really effective. Not to mention, some just won't admit they collect toys.

The wild card in the debate which is not considered enough, is buying power. A collector will get one or more of everything they like and then some. Kids have to go through the parents which is a far tougher road. Most of them will only get a select bunch of figures from any one particular line. So no comparison there. One collector can easily buy more than several average kids combined. All I know is the more a figure seems kiddiefied, the more it turns off collectors and the more likely they are to be the ones clogging the works. Meanwhile the more interesting selections can come and go like the wind time after time.

We collectors have been a growing force in the marketplace for quite awhile now. Amazing that the powers that be still don't get it! By the time they ever do, they'll have screwed so much up it won't matter anymore.

With all the horror stories I am reading about them being damaged by ordering them online or in the store, I'd be happy with a damaged box. As long as it is still "box like" and can stand up and doesn't look like a trapezoid. And, of course, the toy inside isn't damaged or missing peices. For something like MP Soundwave, it doesn't do it justice to leave it in the box. YES I JUST SAID THAT! lol

I agree, but its nice that Hasbro has gone to the Takara style boxes. Now you can store them better if need be. I still have Thundercracker and Optimius' packaging, but it's pretty lame compared to the reusable boxes of Soundwave and Acid Storm. By the way, where did you read the stories about damaged Soundwaves? I want to read up on that.

still tinkering with mine to discover all his features. his hip joints have me worried that they'll break one day when i swing his legs forward...and Rumble and Frenzy always gets stuck inside him. but otherwise this thing is utterly amazing. Solid in both modes. The working controls on his cassette player mode were a nice touch too. He's got so many gimmicks that the instructions dont even touch up on

Archived