Masterpiece Soundwave

Nemesis Prime 2x13

I'm posting my comment from another thread on my experience getting MP Soundwave. I picked him up yesterday.

"Thanks man!! Got him!!! I called last night around 5pm and the girl said they were getting a truck at 8 and he was "rumored" to be on it. She said call back at 9 and see if they had him. I figured I'd wait until about 9:30 to make sure but managed to fall asleep on the couch! So, I got up this morning and took a gamble and drove out to the store. I arrived in the parking lot at 7:30am and there was already one car sitting there. I waited and figured I'd get out at 8:45 and go stand at the door. Would you believe at 8:30 if started to rain? Anyway, that wasn't going to stop me. So, close to 8:45 a few more cars showed up and one individual got out of his car and so I knew that was my cue. Come to find out, everybody in front of me were Toys R Us employees!! I think that was cool they weren't allowed to buy them when they came in. At about 8:50, an on duty employee came out and handed out "tickets" for him. There were only 7 of us in line so it was cool. I passed on Acid Storm as did everyone else. I have a feeling he'll shelf warm and will be able to pick him up later. Needless to say, Inam happy right now. I was very pissed with the whole online fiasco again!! I wish I could have bought a second one to try and help get one into the hands of someone who needed one, but they only allowed one per customer."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the truth is theses Mp's should NOT be exclusives anymore, its just getting to complicated and absurd trying to find them at the store, if you have to call, get employee's to hide them, or they lie and keep them for themselves then i think they just need to mass produce more and release them to every store

Knowing that I probably won't see him at my Toys R Us, I opted for the Japanese version, he'll be delivered on friday. Still pissed that I wasn't able to get last years MP Prime, that figure would not stay on the shelves long enough to even pick him up and look at him, that's how fast he went.

I agree fellas. Ryu is right. I think Walmart got scared away after their Skywarp fiasco. It's ridiculous and if they mass produced these like normal Transformers and sold them at all retail stores, it'd be so much better.

Super Saiyan, I never even saw Optimus prime in the stores. The only way I was able to get Prime was a friend of mine messaged me to tell me it was on the site. I jumped up and bought him after missing him several times before on the site.

MP Prime I saw the day I got mine and I believe two other times, one being a returned to shelf layaway. If I hadn't put mine on layaway at first sight, then I probably wouldn't have got one.

I doubt they had any idea it would sell so well. They probably thought after the first MP Prime, there wouldn't be as much demand for the new version.

MP Prime I saw the day I got mine and I believe two other times, one being a returned to shelf layaway. If I hadn't put mine on layaway at first sight, then I probably wouldn't have got one.

I doubt they had any idea it would sell so well. They probably thought after the first MP Prime, there wouldn't be as much demand for the new version.

True!! And hopefully they see how much interest we adults have in collecting. I never see kids buying transformers anymore. It's always adults!!

True!! And hopefully they see how much interest we adults have in collecting. I never see kids buying transformers anymore. It's always adults!!

I see that as well, It's usually Batman, Spider-Man, or that Bayblade crap that the kids go for these days.

MP Soundwave was delivered to me today, so happy that I was able to get the Japanese version, even if I see the Hasbro version I might still pick it up.

I see that as well, It's usually Batman, Spider-Man, or that Bayblade crap that the kids go for these days.

MP Soundwave was delivered to me today, so happy that I was able to get the Japanese version, even if I see the Hasbro version I might still pick it up.

Awesome!!! Glad you were able to get one. I just picked another MP Soundwave up for Lord Atmo. When I picked his up, I bought Acid Storm for myself after I said I wouldn't. I just got him for filler. I don't see any of the cone heads coming out anytime soon, and I'm not paying want they want for Sunstorm. He looks cool standing there in the seeker army.

Archived