Masterpiece Soundwave

Nemesis Prime 2x13

I'm sure anyone that's been seeking out Tfs (for years) probably already know this, but I thought it might be worth sharing. I was at a TRU yesterday with my kids and a worker asked me if there was something he could help me with, at first I kindly said no, but thought why not. So I asked about if he knew when they were getting the Soundwaves? His response surprised me a little. He said that he had one behind the counter and if I wanted it...it was mine. He also told me that he likes to keep them there so scalpers/Ebayers don't get there hands on them. Of course, the thought of actually buying one was non existent at first due to the lack of funds so I sadly had to say no. So now I figure when the funds do become available and I'm unable to find one (much like Prime from last year) I'll stand there kicking myself knowing there was that one time:(.

So to everyone else...make sure you ask!

I'm also wondering about all of those hundreds of visits I made last year looking for Prime, if all I had to do was ask.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called and they had two in stock at the Wichita Falls store. I live an hour away. I got there and snagged the second/last one. SCORE! Three different employees told me they are getting pummeled with calls about MP Soundwave.

Picked up mine tonight at TRU New Hartford, NY. I called around 6:00PM and was told they sold out, but to hold on while they checked the back, 5 minutes later they said they have one & will hold it for me even though they're not supposed to! All I had to do was show up before closing!

Wow, my TRU called ME and said they had one on hold for me. I left them my number never expecting to see them to call... but they did. They only got 2 in. Sweet.

I had them put a note on it to ask for ID :D

Wow, my TRU called ME and said they had one on hold for me. I left them my number never expecting to see them to call... but they did. They only got 2 in. Sweet.

I had them put a note on it to ask for ID :D

Smart thinking! I had them do the same for me as well!

Yeah, TRU is being sneaky with these in some places. I went to mine yesterday and as I walked in noticed a guy in a suit buying one and immediately thought I missed again. Of course none were out on the shelf. I went to the video game counter and asked and sure enough they had more in back. They said it was the last case they had, but I really think they are saying that to keep people limited to one without getting grief for it. Another nearby store had 18 of them and sold out within a couple of hours. The guy I was talking to said that he alone is taking over 20 calls a day asking for them.

So I'm guessing more people will be better off asking in store rather than relying on phone calls to ask. Because even if you do call and they say they do have them, they could easily be gone by the time you get there.

Archived