Binaltech and Masterpiece: 10 Years Ago - TFSource Article

Maz

10 years, 2 toy-lines and six photos.

Six photos depicting two upcoming toys that captured the imagination of the Transformers fandom and collecting community and have not released their grip since. Those toys would become the BT-01 Binaltech Smokescreen and the MP-1 Masterpiece Convoy. The day was Thursday July 17th 2003. The San Diego Comic-Con had just started, and during “Preview Night”, the attending Transformers fans had been given their first glimpse of what was about to be revealed the following day – albeit a whole continent away. However, the seeds of that imminent revelation had been sown even earlier. So, let’s take a few steps even further back and tread the path that led to that unforgettable day 10 years ago.

Binaltech and Masterpiece: 10 Years Ago | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Facts, dates, article concept and text provided kindly by Nevermore

xten05.jpg

xten08.jpg

All the best

Nevermore + Maz

I never did get to experience a Binaltech in the flesh, but I loved those Subaru guys on the Alternators line. I always wanted to get that Impreza and paint it exactly the way the toy was but I couldn't afford one back then. Well technically not now either... plus they are all standard transmission I think. ANYWAYS it was great that it was modelled after a real car and those are real drivers I got to look them up. Only the Finland guys tho, since that other one wasn't made for an Alternator. I still am not entirely sure how to transform the feet on him or Silverstreak.

Good article. I've still got my Binal Tech Smokescreen ten years later from it's release, I was one of the first to give it a review. Very much looking forward to MP Smokescreen.

Also still have my MP-01.

Hard to believe it's been ten years since those two figures were first announced.

I concur, Smokescreen was my first favorite of the initial Alternator releases. Too bad I don't have the room to display them now. I have amassed too many items in my display, so somethings had to get placed back in the closet. Perhaps one day the Alternators will find their way back on display.

Archived