Was going to buy the Fans Project Stunticons but...

SureShot

I was about to buy the first two out there, but I decided to look up the scale of them... I figured they would be the size of a deluxe classics jazz or wheeljack, but they are the size of the RTS windcharger... why are they so small? I could see maybe $35 for a 3rd party that small, but not $60.

They look amazing, but I can't justify them at that size and price. Thoughts? Anyone have them and happy with them?

I have them and they are pretty nice, but they are a bit tricky to get into alt mode. They are a little bigger than Windcharger, but they are somewhat in class size to the new deluxe scale(think WFC series). If you have the FP insecticons, they are in the same scale as those.

Hope that helps!

I've got them as well, and I really like them. They are about the same size as the Explorer and Munitioner figures. The detail on them is pretty good, and I look forward to the rest of the set. As was already said, they are hard to get them into vehicle mode. When I first transformed them I thought I was going to break them, but I diddn't.

FP asthetics on the stunticons seems to be how they were when they first cam out in the 80's, they were smaller than the autobots, and that's what FP is doing with their bunch

• 2 weeks later...

What I'd like to know is how the hell are people keeping up with 3rd party stuff with the prices going so damn high and now having more companies than anyone can keep track of? $170 for that add on kit for FOC Prime/Magnus is pure insanity! It seems like every new company sets higher and higher prices, the big rub being the unknown factor...not knowing if they are really good quality or crappy like Sonicron. On top of all that they are getting munchkinized to half the size, but not half the price. NUTS!

I completed Hercules and it took me 2 years to do that...Now these things are selling out so fast we're pretty much screwed if we don't get them right away or probably end up paying even more.

It's disheartening to say the least.

I agree 100% Madman... I could easily see $35 or maybe $40 a pop for the stunticons... I can't believe people paid the $100 per figure for the hurcules constructicons... I love the 3rd party, but just can't justify them. I bought the 3 fansproject insecticons and it looks like that will be all unless they put all 5 stunticons out as a set for $200.

• 1 month later...

In a similar thought, people keep complaining about domestic TF prices but only a little grumble about 3rd party prices. Maybe Hasbro is looking at their popularity and raising their prices? Would that explain why this Thrilling Supreme Starscream is going to be so expensive?

Archived