A fun little topic about good deals you've gotten

megagalvatron

I just thought it would be fun to post a topic on good deals that anyone have gotten on Transformer toys. I thought about this as recently I won an auction on eBay for a MOSC with sealed weapons and stickers in an opened box in very good shape(no cuts or rips, just cut tape and slight flap crease) g1 gnaw for 120. Considering a mint complete opened gnaw goes for around 110 I thought this was a great deal. Also before anyone says it I know the difference between a real one and a ko. I one of the best deals was about 8 years ago (do bear in mind transformers were not as expensive then but still not cheap). I was in Walmart buying some ennergon Transformers. Then a old man behind me noticed what I was buying and started a conversation asking if I was buying this for myself or a child. I told him they were for me and said I was a collector he then said he was a collector to after a talk for a while determining that he actually knew what he was talking about I found out that he had collected Transformers since his son was a child. He told me he was looking to sell his collection or at least some of it to a collector who would appreciate it and not sell them on eBay. He wasn't out to make money he said he just wanted to make someone happy. I was 22 at the time. We talked for a while I talk to himabout what I was looking for and then we agreed to meet one day for me to buy them. I paid 350 and got a mib with inserts complete jetfire, and mib one insert near complete jetfire, mib no window shockwave, near complete figures scourge, cyclonus, grimlock ( in good shape), pointblank, ironhide ( in ok shape), two swoops, galvatron, chromdome ( in ok shape no guns), complete figures sluggslinger, misfire, swoop, autobot clones, wreakgar, reflector, I also got about ten boxes for a few of the figures with no inserts( I know I had wreakgar the clones and grimlock I didn't keep them as I only like boxes with inserts. All the figures were mint or near mint unless stated otherwise. I didn't asked for half of the stuff that he just gave me because he wanted someone to enjoy them. Even seven years ago reflector shockwave and the deception target masters cost over 100 each so this deal was out of this world. For some reason or another I never was able to get him to sell me anymore we set up another meet but he didn't show. So what deals do you all have to share.

I'm most proud of the 10% complete, good condition G1 Shockwave that I got on ebay for around $45. This was several years ago now, and Shockwave generally cost a lot, but to find one for $45 was unbelievable. That was I first started collecting Transformers.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had been trying to get an Aveo Swerve since they came out with no luck. At least 3 different times I thought I was going to get one, only to have the rug yanked out from under me. A couple of weeks ago that luck changed and I got one for $10 and change. Not a bockbuster deal, but well worth it.

Over the years I've found various figures out in a store after they were long gone and already going for insane prices on ebay...usually in places nobody ever thinks to look...like Armada Nemesis Prime for $10 in a Sports Authority when they were going for crazy prices. Another time it was Energon Ultra Magnus for $18 in a Target when they were long gone and hitting $100 on ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

I had been trying to get an Aveo Swerve since they came out with no luck. At least 3 different times I thought I was going to get one, only to have the rug yanked out from under me. A couple of weeks ago that luck changed and I got one for $10 and change. Not a bockbuster deal, but well worth it.

Over the years I've found various figures out in a store after they were long gone and already going for insane prices on ebay...usually in places nobody ever thinks to look...like Armada Nemesis Prime for $10 in a Sports Authority when they were going for crazy prices. Another time it was Energon Ultra Magnus for $18 in a Target when they were long gone and hitting $100 on ebay.

They sell toys in Sports Authority??

They sell toys in Sports Authority??

It was one of those surprise finds for sure. They had a bunch of the deluxe figs from the final waves of Armada long after they were gone. My nephew was there and just happened to spot them at one of the checkout lanes. Don't know if any tf's still show up there or not.

Toys have shown up in strange stores before. I remember when Kohl's sold Cybertron Deluxes. The prices were way too expensive. I still recall talking to a girl about finding TFs at Kohl's, and she worked there at the time (another store) and swore to me that Kohl's doesn't sell action figures. :D

Archived