Blast from the Past: Megaratch Custom - Andrew Wildman Taking a Break from Regeneration One Comic

BaCon

Blast%20from%20the%20Past%20Megaratch%20 Andrew Wildman has updated his blog Wildwords with couple bits of interesting news. First, he's spotted a kit-bash that brings the Transformers #70 Marvel comic to life with a wonderful rendering of the "Megaratch" that is an merger of Megatron and Prowl what was brought back in Transformers Regeneration One issue #85. Andrew has also let us know that he'll be taking a leave from drawing the Transformers Regeneration One series to do some work on a new Children's TV show. Not to worry though, he is planning to be back in time to wrap up the series with Regeneration One #100.

View the full article

I would haveve thought that this is a pre-arranged contract and he had to do the full series. To quit now is really dissapointing. I mean, the series is up to #90 so it is wrapping up.

They restart the series and get the original writer and artist back which is impressive. And to be honest, I love the artwork for this series as it is awesome. Guidio Guidi should replace him or perhaps they could bring back Geoff Senior. Guido does excellent work emulating the style of the Marvel comics and I would love to have him on art. Geoff is also a fan favorite and a G1 veteran so he would be a good second choice.

But when Andrew leaves (as much as I love the art work) I think it should be permanent. I mean poor Guido has been relegated to doing covers or a few pages in an annual for several years now. I think he deserves to be the main artist on a Transformers title and if he (or anyone else) lands the job he should get to keep it untill issue #100.

It would be terribly unfair for him to have to sod off because someone whom left for another job happens to come back. You want to leave, fine but then leave and do not come back.

And I love Andy's work, I really do. But if you do something it has got to be all they way.

Archived