Action Formers

Wu Long Ti

Oh, so this guy is based on an actual TF from the comic?

All of them are w/ the exception of "Nail". Disposal/Tailgate, Explorer/Pipes, and Bartender/Swerve from the current More Than Meets The Eye series.

I've been doing my best to try and capture the designs as illustrated by Alex Milne, though the details are sometimes inconsistent. :/

I finally received the Alpha 1.5 test print for the protoskeleton that had been delayed a few weeks, but the delay allowed me to see what was wrong with the Alpha 1 model and make the changes. The armor parts attached to it were part of the same order that came with Disposal (MTMTE Tailgate) but due to some tomfoolery on Shapeways part I'm left with half of Nail's kit and several extra parts from Disposal's.

Nail sports the Alpha 1.5 protoskeleton which offers several improvements over the Alpha 1 that Disposal here has. Aside from a wider chest and larger peg socket for the pelvic attachments, he uses fewer double joints making him more stable. The forearms and the ankles are still quite loose though.

914131_576987769001578_933646786_o.jpg

Nail is primarily just a starter model for me to use when creating character sets, but I decided to print him out. Shapeways messed up though and he's missing half his kit. Colored using dry erase markers and silver sharpie.

165463_576987772334911_962136524_n.jpg

Nail is a wee bit shorter than Disposal thanks to the way his "shoes" attach to his feet.

464991_576987775668244_876660262_o.jpg

without a macro lens it's hard to see how well his eyes are lighting up under the flashlight, but just like Disposal; he has light piping as well.

921466_576987819001573_763980363_o.jpg

Archived