More Official MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Action Figures Images

BaCon

I dunno what all the hate is about these figures. I think they look great. I guess I don't really find the issues you guys are bringing up as deal breakers to me. :shrug

Uhhhhh, it's a "Masterpiece" figure. You expect some detail in it. It's what sets these apart from a voyager class generations figure. I'm sure you wouldn't want your MP Prowl to have "Patarol" written on the side. Again, I'm sure this was done on purpose for test shots, but again, attention to details would be nice for an $89.00 figure.

The spelling error kind of sucks, but it might not make it to the final product. MP Prowl could use those shoulder decorations, like the stickers on the G1 toy. As for the feet, what are the inner parts of his feet supposed to look like? Are there any images that show what a kind of detailing that part of G1 Prowl is supposed to have?

Okay, let me explain the feet thing to you all so we are on the same page. For a Masterpiece figure, I'd like to see where it actually looks like this robot transforms into a car. Kind of like how MP Starscream has the owning canopy, the engine covers that pop up, etc. The problem with the Prowl feet is that they look too solid. For his feet, this is one time I'd like to see the "hollow syndrome" done, because it would make the feet look mechanical and that they could in fact house back seats and that people could actually sit back there. It may be a petty gripe, but I'm sure some people can see where I'm going. I want realism in the MP line versus so much cartoon accuracy. I will still be getting Prowl. I choose my favorites, for instance I got Red Alert over Sideswipe due to money issues. Red Alert is one of my favorite transformers. With that, I would live to get Blue Streak, but Prowl won out. I can't wait to get my hands on him!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno what all the hate is about these figures. I think they look great. I guess I don't really find the issues you guys are bringing up as deal breakers to me. :shrug

Uhhhhh, it's a "Masterpiece" figure. You expect some detail in it. It's what sets these apart from a voyager class generations figure. I'm sure you wouldn't want your MP Prowl to have "Patarol" written on the side. Again, I'm sure this was done on purpose for test shots, but again, attention to details would be nice for an $89.00 figure.

I get the spelling error and I'm not disagreeing with you on that, but that has nothing to do with the actual mold...OKAY? :P

The spelling error kind of sucks, but it might not make it to the final product. MP Prowl could use those shoulder decorations, like the stickers on the G1 toy. As for the feet, what are the inner parts of his feet supposed to look like? Are there any images that show what a kind of detailing that part of G1 Prowl is supposed to have?

Okay, let me explain the feet thing to you all so we are on the same page. For a Masterpiece figure, I'd like to see where it actually looks like this robot transforms into a car. Kind of like how MP Starscream has the owning canopy, the engine covers that pop up, etc. The problem with the Prowl feet is that they look too solid. For his feet, this is one time I'd like to see the "hollow syndrome" done, because it would make the feet look mechanical and that they could in fact house back seats and that people could actually sit back there. It may be a petty gripe, but I'm sure some people can see where I'm going. I want realism in the MP line versus so much cartoon accuracy. I will still be getting Prowl. I choose my favorites, for instance I got Red Alert over Sideswipe due to money issues. Red Alert is one of my favorite transformers. With that, I would live to get Blue Streak, but Prowl won out. I can't wait to get my hands on him!!

Like you said, Uhhhhh, it's a "Masterpiece" figure.

I don't think they would add back seats, since the fact that these are made based on the actual car and this car is a Coupe Roadster and does not have any back seats. :P

We are on the same page with that I agree that the feet would be helped or look better with some nice metallic or black / grey detailing in the feet, since he was like that on the G1 Toy and the G1 Artwork, but in the cartoon he had solid white feet, so according to the cannon of MP it is from the show. For me though that isn't a big deal breaker. Honestly if they just made it black I think it would solve that issue.

On a real slim side note, the back seat on the fair lady Z's were about nonexistent(helped rebuild/paint one many years ago). But I got where you're coming from on a whole. We got several months before they hit, and I'm on the side of the cost of these MP's will include some extra paint work that we're not seeing in these shots. As it stands, I hadn't given Prowl's feet a second thought, but now it looks like he is wearing winter weight socks when you look at the side of his feet from the inside. Thanks guys! :P

Agreed.

Bought and bought for me! :love

The feet do have a strange look to them until you remember the show. Their feet looked like that, so that's good enough. Just take a look at the G1 pics:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Prowl_%28G1%29

I see your point, but gain, I want to see a little more realism and less cartoon appearance. It's NOT a deal breaker for me, as I have him preordered and awaiting his arrival.

The feet do have a strange look to them until you remember the show. Their feet looked like that, so that's good enough. Just take a look at the G1 pics:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Prowl_%28G1%29

I see your point, but gain, I want to see a little more realism and less cartoon appearance. It's NOT a deal breaker for me, as I have him preordered and awaiting his arrival.

Same here, it's not a deal breaker and I will own all 3. I think with Prowl and the jump from cartoon to real life with all that white is what's odd. I do agree with having the chevron stripes and badges on his arm. I'm looking at MP Red Alert the white translated very well to toy form. I'll make final judgement once I have him.

post-4678-0-46256500-1363589331.jpg

post-4678-0-99093900-1363589349.jpg

agree: Thanks for posting the picture. Very good reference. I really want all three now, but will probably stick with just Prowl. Maybe, I'll try for Smokescreen. Smokescreen's colors have always popped on him and made him one of the cooler looking Transformers.

After seeing that "Patorol" was corrected in recent pics, I am good with Prowl. I see everyone's points above (which are valid btw)but I think I can overlook the feet. They probably wont be visible the way my shelves are designed anyway. Really looking forward to Prowl and his repaints. I think the alt mode is really nice, even though I will probably only see it once or twice before he meets his final "resting place" on my shelf in bot mode.

I love the stow-able rockets. I think that was a great design move to accommodate the repaints that do use them.

After seeing that "Patorol" was corrected in recent pics, I am good with Prowl. I see everyone's points above (which are valid btw)but I think I can overlook the feet. They probably wont be visible the way my shelves are designed anyway. Really looking forward to Prowl and his repaints. I think the alt mode is really nice, even though I will probably only see it once or twice before he meets his final "resting place" on my shelf in bot mode.

I love the stow-able rockets. I think that was a great design move to accommodate the repaints that do use them.

I agree. I'll transform him a few times, but he'll finally reach a point where I won't transform him. I can't transform my MP Rodimus anymore due to QC issues. And MP Megatron is DEFINITELY used as a bot only display. I don't see any issues with these newer scale MPs like Red Alert or even Prowl etc, but will still be weary of constantly transforming them.

But with Prowl, I'm loving him. I'll probably end up getting Smokescreen as well.

Archived