Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Toys R Us Exclusives - First Official Looks at USA Editions

BaCon

Well hopefully with there being 2 MP Figures, it will slow the scalpers down because there is more to buy. I am not worried really about finding Acidstorm, if I decide to buy him. I like his digital camo deco. I can't make out the name under the cockpit...anyone?

I have a feeling that Soundwave will be harder to get than OP due to this being his first time release as a MP figure and him coming with ALL the cassettes. I am glad I have the Takara one because who knows with TRU stuff. I've gotten lucky with the ones I wanted, but I have a feeling my luck is about to run out with him. I hope that they limit them to 1 per person for at least the first couple of stocks. I don't even understand why they bother putting them on the shelf...there should be a case in the front for these as there may be some that want it but are not willing to pay for him. I actually a FOC Soundwave box at one of the stores where someone had cut the back out of the box and stole Laserbeak. :(

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to get my mp Optimus and Thundercracker on toys r us online. Hope thjey do the same for these. It's really my only chance and I live near 4 toys r us's! Good luck to everyone.

I think he'll see the shelves...of course, they won't have more than a few at a time out. It's those damn scalpers you'll have to beat. However, if TRU knows it's a hot enough item, they'll limit one per person...at least that's what my local store does with high demand items. :shrug

Hell, here in my area everyone seems to call the day a truck comes in and have one set aside. So they literally never hit the shelves. You essentially have to know when the product is coming in or have an inside man. Plus I am sure we will see Acid Storms sitting next to the Thundercrackers still warming the shelves in some areas.

Acid Storm is a bad choise... I hope TOYSRUS aren't shy doing more MPs when this guy warms the shelves worse than TC... Walmart stopped doing MPs with the Skywarp fiasco...

Hasbro could save their money with lime green boy and double up on MP Soundwave! That is, if they knew better... :doh

Also, I'm digging the Acid Storm MP, but that weird digital camo design, is that a different direction design wise or did they figure that was easier/cheaper and more appealing to the eye?

Canada was the first to adopt the "digital camo" design:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CADPAT

The US uses it as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARPAT

Having it on a jet is silly, but overall it looks kinda cool anyways.

I had to get my mp Optimus and Thundercracker on toys r us online. Hope thjey do the same for these. It's really my only chance and I live near 4 toys r us's! Good luck to everyone.

Same here. As a matter of fact, I kept missing him on the site. A friend of mine messages me in a Saturday morning and told me he was back up on the TRU site. That's the only way I was able to get him. I'm not looking forward to trying to get Soundwave. People like Optimus Prime naturally. He was tough to get. People LOVE Soundwave and so I speculate he'll be hard to get unless Hasbro pulls their heads out of their arses and puts out more!!

I might get Acid Storm. I don't know about Soundwave. I've already got Takara's Soundwave and the first two cassettes. I need to see a real picture of Soundwave before I make my final decision about that one.

I've bought a lot lately, and couldn't justify paying the $180 for the Takara version of Soundwave. I'll gladly take the Hasbro version, which has proven that most of their versions are okay. Acid Storm...........maybe. Not sure yet.

I might get Acid Storm. I don't know about Soundwave. I've already got Takara's Soundwave and the first two cassettes. I need to see a real picture of Soundwave before I make my final decision about that one.

Like Fatherdeth, I couldn't justify (nor afford) paying the import prices...BUT, if I had invested in the Takara version, I probably wouldn't even worry about snagging this one either. :thumb

Like Fatherdeth, I couldn't justify (nor afford) paying the import prices...BUT, if I had invested in the Takara version, I probably wouldn't even worry about snagging this one either. :thumb

Yup, had I been able to get the Takara SW, I wouldn't be after this one either. I'm just excited that we now have a shot to get a MP SW.

Archived