Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm Toys R Us Exclusives - First Official Looks at USA Editions

BaCon

12HAS857%20Transformers%20Masterpiece%20 Hasbro have just sent us hi-res images of the Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm items, which will be Toys"R"Us exclusives later in the year. This is all the information and photography we have available to share at this time. The images look to be mostly digital mockups of what these figures will look like as USA editions. Check out the images below of the Masterpiece Acid Storm, Soundwave, Ravage, Frenzy, Rumble, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw now.

View the full article

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When MP-10 came out here in the UK last month he was sold one to a costumer, hopefully that will be done with MP-Soundwave so that it might, hopefully, reduce the amount that scalpers will buy while allowing those who are actually buying him for their collection can buy one.

Would love to get MP-Soundwave, he'll likely be about £120/$120 since he comes with his tape bots. Not sure though.

How much you want to bet that Soundwave will be even tougher to find than MP-10? That thing will never see the shelves.

I still haven't seen MP Optimus in stores...

I am glad I got the Takara version as well though... It looks like Hasbro Soundwave will have yellow eyes like the G1 toy...

I had no problem finding MP OP at the TRU's I frequent(seen a couple over the last month or two as well). As for SW, I think it will be a different ballgame being this his first release as an MP figure along with being a stateside release.

Also, I'm digging the Acid Storm MP, but that weird digital camo design, is that a different direction design wise or did they figure that was easier/cheaper and more appealing to the eye?

I think he'll see the shelves...of course, they won't have more than a few at a time out. It's those damn scalpers you'll have to beat. However, if TRU knows it's a hot enough item, they'll limit one per person...at least that's what my local store does with high demand items. :shrug

I think he'll see the shelves...of course, they won't have more than a few at a time out. It's those damn scalpers you'll have to beat. However, if TRU knows it's a hot enough item, they'll limit one per person...at least that's what my local store does with high demand items. :shrug

Hell, here in my area everyone seems to call the day a truck comes in and have one set aside. So they literally never hit the shelves. You essentially have to know when the product is coming in or have an inside man. Plus I am sure we will see Acid Storms sitting next to the Thundercrackers still warming the shelves in some areas.

Hell, here in my area everyone seems to call the day a truck comes in and have one set aside. So they literally never hit the shelves. You essentially have to know when the product is coming in or have an inside man. Plus I am sure we will see Acid Storms sitting next to the Thundercrackers still warming the shelves in some areas.

Acid Storm is a bad choise... I hope TOYSRUS aren't shy doing more MPs when this guy warms the shelves worse than TC... Walmart stopped doing MPs with the Skywarp fiasco...

Archived