Tranformers Prime Beast Hunters to Be Cancelled - New Cartoon Series Coming in 2014

BaCon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't surprise me and really shouldn't surprise anyone else. The only TF series to last more than 3 seasons was G1 and season 4 of that was only 3 episodes. i really wouldn't even count that as a season. Hasbro needs to sell more toys and there's only so many times you can repaint the same molds over and over again.

Could have atleast given it a full 20 episode season, let those that dislike the show have their new series and give the fans a proper send off, but I guess neatly closed storylines is a thing of the past for Hasbro.

Hasbro needs to sell more toys and there's only so many times you can repaint the same molds over and over again.

THIS!

I guess neatly closed storylines are a thing of the past for Hasbro.

Unfortunately true for far too many cartoon/anime series.

I am sooo exhausted with this ADHD foolery we continue to get year after year from Hasbro. Even though they still hadn't achieved the proper release schedule of toy-to-toon, I thought they were actually going somewhere, finally, with TF:Prime.

I think perhaps this is a good time to insert Jack's conversation as well, along with research into what purchasing fans really want, or don't want, instead of everything for the children (they're smarter than that). Prices should be a part of the conversation as well. And finally...who's with me on a Bumblebee embargo? Only one per freakin' series! Sheesh.

:agree Amen!!! Transformers Prime had so much potential. It's ridiculous to say the least. I had a feeling Beast Hunters would be the downfall of the series. Hasbro needs a boot to their collective arse!! It's getting plain stupid. And yes, I'm sick of Bumblebee!!!!

:agree I 2nd this. It's really sad that they're doing this. We live in a time where (not everyone) most people are looking for the next big thing. Even though they have a good thing going right front of their face.

The biggest things that has frustrated me with Hasbro has been there handling of toy releases, especially at retail stores. It's either they're late in coming out, an import exclusive or even worse they're never released/canceled. The 2nd has been unnecessary repaints. Most retools I'm okay with because, to me, it's something new. Last but not least are the 8 Bumblebees to a box of 10 figures. Yeah I get he's popular with the kids but too much of one thing is almost always never good.

With that said, TF Prime and WFC/FOC will probably be the last series of Transformers I collect. I also may buy TF4 figures but it most likely be for new characters I don't have. The biggest reason is $$. The deluxe class in my area has reached $18-$19 in my area and with these new leader/ultimate class figures being priced at $60+. I can't justify dishing out that much money for pieces of plastic to a company that has failed in many ways to satisfy it's customers.

And here I thought the high prices were just in my area. I've seen prices $16+ for deluxe figures and $10+ for a dual package of scout sized figures. At those rates, I wonder how they'll clean out the shelves in time for the influx of figures for the new movie.

Recently, I got two DotM figures free from TRU. I you spent $25 or more on Transformers products, you could pick a deluxe DotM figure. I had purchased a couple of good figures and my totals went over $25 so Inwas like what the hey. I got a Autobot Armor Topsin and a Thindercracker. This seems to be the growing in flux of them getting rid of this crap. Around Christmas time, Target had taped two DotM deluxes together and slapped a "value pack" sticker on them and sold them for $10. Those things sat there well into January and then disappeared. I don't think they can give these things away. Same with the Prime BBs.

Archived