Tranformers Prime Beast Hunters to Be Cancelled - New Cartoon Series Coming in 2014

BaCon

Toy%20Fair%202013%20%20-%20Hasbro%20Investor%20Event%20Reveals%20New%20Transformers%20TV%20Show%20and%20Products%20Image%20(17)__scaled_100.jpg
The writing has been on the wall for a long time. First the show was moved to the notorious Friday Night death-nell spot for shows about to die. Then Jeffrey Combs, the voice of Transformers Prime's Ratchet, let it slip that Season 3 has cut short to wrap things up. Finally, the official word comes down from Kidscreen magazine that Season 3 Beast Hunters will end this year after just 13 episodes ending Transformers Prime when it finishes this spring to be replaced by a new Animated series in 2014. Read the Kidscreen magazine news below for the full scoop: Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sucks that they're doing this. The least they could do is give us a full season before the decide to call it quits. Like Transformers Animated, Prime grew on me. The ending of season 2 really had me wanting more and I could see the series potentially continuing past Beast Hunters. We'll just have to wait and see the series but the fact that they're giving us half a season doesn't look good. Hearing this gives me the feeling BH will be rushed, cramped and half-assed. :tfsad

I am sooo exhausted with this ADHD foolery we continue to get year after year from Hasbro. Even though they still hadn't achieved the proper release schedule of toy-to-toon, I thought they were actually going somewhere, finally, with TF:Prime.

I think perhaps this is a good time to insert Jack's conversation as well, along with research into what purchasing fans really want, or don't want, instead of everything for the children (they're smarter than that). Prices should be a part of the conversation as well. And finally...who's with me on a Bumblebee embargo? Only one per freakin' series! Sheesh.

I am sooo exhausted with this ADHD foolery we continue to get year after year from Hasbro. Even though they still hadn't achieved the proper release schedule of toy-to-toon, I thought they were actually going somewhere, finally, with TF:Prime.

I think perhaps this is a good time to insert Jack's conversation as well, along with research into what purchasing fans really want, or don't want, instead of everything for the children (they're smarter than that). Prices should be a part of the conversation as well. And finally...who's with me on a Bumblebee embargo? Only one per freakin' series! Sheesh.

:agree Amen!!! Transformers Prime had so much potential. It's ridiculous to say the least. I had a feeling Beast Hunters would be the downfall of the series. Hasbro needs a boot to their collective arse!! It's getting plain stupid. And yes, I'm sick of Bumblebee!!!!

How do they know it won't be a hit before they even show one episode? I will probably watch it, but the only figure I plan on buying is Smokescreen. I will say I am tempted with the Voyager OP figure....

They did this with Animated. No surprise they're doing it with Prime. Look at the timing. Cutting things short in time to start ramping up promotion of the 4th movie. Hasbro has lost touch and I doubt they're gonna regain it without having surgery to remove their head form a rearward orifice.

:agree Amen!!! Transformers Prime had so much potential. It's ridiculous to say the least. I had a feeling Beast Hunters would be the downfall of the series. Hasbro needs a boot to their collective arse!! It's getting plain stupid. And yes, I'm sick of Bumblebee!!!!

:agree I 2nd this. It's really sad that they're doing this. We live in a time where (not everyone) most people are looking for the next big thing. Even though they have a good thing going right front of their face.

The biggest things that has frustrated me with Hasbro has been there handling of toy releases, especially at retail stores. It's either they're late in coming out, an import exclusive or even worse they're never released/canceled. The 2nd has been unnecessary repaints. Most retools I'm okay with because, to me, it's something new. Last but not least are the 8 Bumblebees to a box of 10 figures. Yeah I get he's popular with the kids but too much of one thing is almost always never good.

With that said, TF Prime and WFC/FOC will probably be the last series of Transformers I collect. I also may buy TF4 figures but it most likely be for new characters I don't have. The biggest reason is $$$. The deluxe class in my area has reached $18-$19 in my area and with these new leader/ultimate class figures being priced at $60+. I can't justify dishing out that much money for pieces of plastic to a company that has failed in many ways to satisfy it's customers.

Prime was a good show, but IMO it was a lot more sad when it happened to Animated. As time went on I got tired of Prime's depressing, "grimdark" setting and seeing Optimus as a boring, somewhat one-dimensional side character. The toys were good though and still continue to be.

Archived