TF Prime Hot Rod upgrade kit Version 2 (shapeways)

zoso1900

Here is my upgrade kit to turn the Transformers Prime Wheeljack mold into Transformers Prime Hot Rod!

*Update*

Version two of everything is ready to go.

For the head I used two base models with slight variations which gives me a total of 8 different versions. I think this is a good way to give everyone something that fits their needs. Both of the base models have been tested using FUD. The ball joint was a little loose do to production but it was easily fixed with some clear nail polish. With the test shot one of the horns broke off at some point, I doubled the thickness of the horns so they should be a stronger. I have also found out that during transformation it works best to rotate the head around and tilt it forward slightly, this will ensure that the head will not be in bind when in car mode. (I would like to thank Neekotron for his help with the design of the second head.)

The pipes and spoiler are now on ball joints to make them integrated with the transformation. The pipes and spoiler have been tested using WST and is the recommended material.

The pipes are held on using clips that slide on the lip at the bottom of the door/arm. The ball joint for the pipes can be a little loose but will hold in place without a problem. With them being on a ball joint it makes it so they can be angled to fill in some of the space between the pipes and door.

The spoiler sits a little high in car mode but gives good clearance in bot mode. It plugs into the location of the current, smaller stock spoiler. It is tight without the placement of screws but the mount has holes to allow the reuses the stock screws that are used with the stock spoiler.

Now that everything is reworked I will try my hand at painting, this should prove to be interesting.

Thanks for looking and please leave suggestions and comments.

Everything can be found in my Shapeways shop. http://www.shapeways...lleryViewList=0

HotHodVer1_zps3b318c71.jpg

HotHodVer2_zps6a5e0c33.jpg

IMG_1580_zpsfa392a3a.jpg

IMG_1573_zps141730e4.jpg

IMG_1565_zpsd9d36626.jpg

IMG_1564_zpsed7d7744.jpg

IMG_1558_zps392f0132.jpg

IMG_1557_zpscc93109a.jpg

IMG_1593_zpsea77d1e5.jpg

IMG_1590_zps271ae21c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

*Update*

Version two of everything is ready to go.

For the head I used two base models with slight variations which gives me a total of 8 different versions. I think this is a good way to give everyone something that fits their needs. Both of the base models have been tested using FUD. The ball joint was a little loose do to production but it was easily fixed with some clear nail polish. With the test shot one of the horns broke off at some point, I doubled the thickness of the horns so they should be a stronger. I have also found out that during transformation it works best to rotate the head around and tilt it forward slightly, this will ensure that the head will not be in bind when in car mode. (I would like to thank Neekotron for his help with the design of the second head.)

The pipes and spoiler are now on ball joints to make them integrated with the transformation. The pipes and spoiler have been tested using WST and is the recommended material.

The pipes are held on using clips that slide on the lip at the bottom of the door/arm. The ball joint for the pipes can be a little loose but will hold in place without a problem. With them being on a ball joint it makes it so they can be angled to fill in some of the space between the pipes and door.

The spoiler sits a little high in car mode but gives good clearance in bot mode. It plugs into the location of the current, smaller stock spoiler. It is tight without the placement of screws but the mount has holes to allow the reuses the stock screws that are used with the stock spoiler.

Now that everything is reworked I will try my hand at painting, this should prove to be interesting.

Thanks for looking and please leave suggestions and comments.

Everything can be found in my Shapeways shop. http://www.shapeways...lleryViewList=0

HotHodVer1_zps3b318c71.jpg

HotHodVer2_zps6a5e0c33.jpg

IMG_1580_zpsfa392a3a.jpg

IMG_1573_zps141730e4.jpg

IMG_1565_zpsd9d36626.jpg

IMG_1564_zpsed7d7744.jpg

IMG_1558_zps392f0132.jpg

IMG_1557_zpscc93109a.jpg

IMG_1593_zpsea77d1e5.jpg

IMG_1590_zps271ae21c.jpg

Archived