Transformers Generations Springer and Astrotrain Voyager Class Toys - Two Triple Changers Coming June!

BaCon

Transformers%20Generations%20Springer%20and%20Astrotrain%20Voyager%20Class%20Toys%20-%20Two%20Six%20Changers%20Coming%20June!%20Image__scaled_100.jpg
Robotkingdom has listed some new pre-orders for the Transformers Generations Springer and Astrotrain voyager class action figures. There are no images yes of the toys that will be packed two per case. These are listed to be released in June of 2013. With Toy Fair just around the corner, we can expect to see these and a number of other new products. Stay tuned for more details as they happen. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voyager Astrotrain? Besides already having a 'Classics' Astrotrain, is this just gonna be a better version of the enlarged Classics Astrotrain knockoff? Seems to me, already having a properly painted Classics Astrotrain (thanks, Takara), and Hasbro's release of Universe Octane (err, I mean 'Tankor'), shouldn't Blitzwing be our next offering? Just sayin'...

Voyager Astrotrain? Besides already having a 'Classics' Astrotrain, is this just gonna be a better version of the enlarged Classics Astrotrain knockoff? Seems to me, already having a properly painted Classics Astrotrain (thanks, Takara), and Hasbro's release of Universe Octane (err, I mean 'Tankor'), shouldn't Blitzwing be our next offering? Just sayin'...

Astrotrain is in my top ten favorite Transformers of all time. The classics version did him NO JUSTICE!! The bullet train mode was weak. The shuttle mode was hampered by kibble covering most of the wings. I think people who want an Astrotrain want more of the G1 antics i.e. locomotive and a classic space shuttle mode. While in the last, I have expressed my disappointment for Hasbro not having a classics Blitzwing, I think Astrotrain deserves a better homage than what they did with the classics version.

Astrotrain is in my top ten favorite Transformers of all time. The classics version did him NO JUSTICE!! The bullet train mode was weak. The shuttle mode was hampered by kibble covering most of the wings. I think people who want an Astrotrain want more of the G1 antics i.e. locomotive and a classic space shuttle mode. While in the last, I have expressed my disappointment for Hasbro not having a classics Blitzwing, I think Astrotrain deserves a better homage than what they did with the classics version.

There with ya on the Astrotrain love. Just cross your fingers and hope for the best...cause I gotta feeling we'll see something closer to an enlarged Classics version (bullet train, kibble shuttle, and all) than actually getting a new mold. And producing something truly 'classic', like a locomotive for instance...well, I don't see it happening in Hasbro's 'forward, forward, forward' approach to everything. Really hope I'm wrong...would love to be. And here's to still holding out hope for a classics/universe/generations Blitzwing one day... :thumb

Concept art is really cool. But I don't really follow it...the title says Springer and Astrotrain, but I don't see anything that shows Astrotrain. I don't understand why they changed Springers Flight mode to a Plane when he is a Helicopter. I guess that's the liberty they take with FOC stuff? :shrug I was hoping they would bring out Sandstorm with this mode instead...IMHO i think this fits him better.....and of all 3 of the Autobot Triple changers he IMHO was the best one because all 3 of his modes were really good and both of his Alt modes looked pretty close to a real vehicle. :D

I think they know everyone wants a Blitzwing, that's why they are doing Astrotrain..:tfevil I think that of the 3 Decepticon triple changers Astrotrain always got more time because he was a transport so it would make sense he would be the first of them to get this treatment. Hopefully these are done well and sell well so it will lead to the rest of them. :)

Archived