Perfect Effect PE-DX02 Motobot Aranea Color Images Reveal Beautiful Blackacrahnia Homage

BaCon

Let's see. It's not in any existing Blackarachnia colors, it's a motorcycle with a spider drone, something which no Blackarachnia never had. Which Blackarachnia is it again? Original BW? TM2? Happy Meal? Beast Machines, Universe? Beast Wars Returns? Animated? Transtech? None of the above?

Try a universal homage. Like Darksteel is BW Quickstrike

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Animated. It's a homage. Purple, black, and red? Yeah, I'd say the colors are there. Even the red orbs on the chest. Spider legs are there. Yes, there are definitely some original ideas there, but this is definitely a homage to Blackarachnia. This is a third party toy. It was probably cheaper for them to retool a motobot vs making a new mold all together. What ever the case, I WANT IT!!!!

There is a picture of concept art in the gallery sporting Blackarachnia colors.

About the motorcycle mode, I know she herself was never one but her original toy was a clone of Tarantulus and his Transmetal form had a motorcycle mode. A very large stretch, heh.

There is a picture of concept art in the gallery sporting Blackarachnia colors.

About the motorcycle mode, I know she herself was never one but her original toy was a clone of Tarantulus and his Transmetal form had a motorcycle mode. A very large stretch, heh.

Hardly a large stretch.. She was gonna be a Honda S2,000 car in Alt/Bt..

And lets not forget duality of psudonyms Chopper =MotorPennyFarthing=Helicopter

A vague homage, I agree, but it's not a replacement figure. It's like Darksteel, where they take a couple design ques. Darksteel is not supposed to be the Quickstrike character, it's just some guy who looks a bit like Quickstrike. This looks a bit like Blackarachnia, but it's not her either.

A vague homage, I agree, but it's not a replacement figure. It's like Darksteel, where they take a couple design ques. Darksteel is not supposed to be the Quickstrike character, it's just some guy who looks a bit like Quickstrike. This looks a bit like Blackarachnia, but it's not her either.

Its as vague a homage to sixteen years worth of characters as a nuke is a polite suggestion to surrender.

Trademark! They can't come out right and call this thing Blackarachnia, but if they could, I bet they would. My MW 04 UFO, for example. No, they couldn't sell it as a Cosmos, but you know good as well it's Cosmos. This even hits home with Hasbro. They couldn't get the rights to the name Straxxus, so they renamed him Darkmount. What do I call him? Straxxus, because that's what Hasbro intended him to be. One more reason. I don't think anybody is saying Poject Genesis is.a new character.

Archived