Anyone else feeling a little down on TFs right now?

jeffafa

The main line of toys based off the Prime show seem unoriginal. Its a cross between the Movies and moving into Beast Wars/Machines. And the extra gimmicky things aren't anything to write home about, especially the Exo-Squad Bumblebee. The only saving grace from Prime seems to have been Vehicon. Its great that we finally got a playset with the Ark, but its a repaint in the Prime line and they weren't exactly selling like hotcakes from DOTM.

I think a major problem is that the main toy lines are being crowded by odd sub-lines. Like those super-deformed flip-changers, the crashing things, the Speed Stars, those other things with the big round heads. GI Joe sells relatively well and isn't being marketed this way. Its like Hasbro is trying to sell TFs like Star Wars, which has a huge following we could only dream of.

For me, I prefer toys that have G1 character names, and this works for what Generations we actually see. The only disappointing thing is that I am much more excited about the things being released overseas which I probably won't end up getting.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much down faces here! Am I the only one thats getting excited about Generations and the plethora of figures on the rise? :)

I just splurged and got Blaster, Soundwave, Grimlock, Starscream, Kickback, Prime Ultra Magnus and Thundertron and I honestly think that collecting has now become fun again! I was surprised that I fould these guys on the shelves and am wondering if I'm just getting lucky but not complaining at all! I just hope that Hasbro keeps up with the distribution. The Voyagers are just so welcomed ...Grimlock is a mixed bag but I still like him and I just can't wait for the other Generations and Prime Shockwave!

I'm sorry if it feels like I'm gushing but this makes the first time in a long while where I have found things pretty easily without having to go miles out of the way to find anything. I just hope that it keeps up but with Transformers Prime being cancelled it makes me worry about the immediate future.

I have recently gotten Ripclaw, Predaking, Lazerback, Kickback, Starscream, Air Raid, Soundwave, Soundblaster, YotS Omega Supreme, and a few others. I have Grimlock and Blaster on their way to me and I just got confirmation that my Arms Micron Vehicon Jet Commander is in my "PoL." I have also preordered Blitzwing and Springer. I'm actually excited at this point. Yes, I'm disappointed that Beast Hunters will be the end of the Prime line. On the other hand, we are getting some sweet Generations figures.

• 2 weeks later...

:agree I have the MP10 B preordered and it's ridiculous he costs over $150 and doesn't even come with a trailer!!! The smaller MPs seem like a bargain at $80, until you see the size you are getting. I'm happy with my MP Red Alert, but he's voyager sized and just slightly more detailed. Right now, I'm about finished with the prime line and will be concentrating on MPs and Generations and some third party stuff. Aranea will be a niiiiiiiiice addition to my collection!!!

I know what ya mean man. The only TFs ive really been into l8ly are the 3rd party figs and masterpiece. The stuff on store shelves is just repulsive in more ways then one, for example, i got a BW smokesceen the other day thinking id enjoy it because of all the reviews of it ive been hearing. But when i opened it... Lets just say it went straight to ebay XD .

You didn't like Smokescreen?!!!! I love him!!! The paint apps on his head are less than desirable, but overall I think he's one of the best PRiD toys.

I have been a little excited as of late. Today, I ran into a treat. I found the Kreo Micro Changers Wave 2 at the base exchange and Inwas able to buy 2 each of Inferno and Airachnid. I might even go and finish off the set this weekend. I just need 4 more out of the set. I guess right now I'm content. I am eagerly awaiting my Aranea whenever she comes out!!!

I'm enjoying part of the Beast Hunters line, I quit with Bot Shots, but they're still not a bad line, Generrations is still kicking, and of course the MP line is great!!! Last but not least, the fact that Hasbro has decided to sell Kreons individually is most EXCELLENT!!! I

Archived