Anyone else feeling a little down on TFs right now?

jeffafa

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I broke the plastic crack now and haven't slipped for many a month. Only thing I would be interested in getting is MP Soundwave. But the price is doing a good job of driving me away. I've been contemplating getting rid of my collection but not sure I want to deal with the headache of piecing everything out. Would like someone to just give me a bunch of money and I send them everything and be done lol. Soundwaves not included XD.

• 1 month later...

I am feeling way down lately. 3rd party figs aren't nearly that much better than Hasbro offerings as people make them out to be, and the quality is generally worse..yes even more than the current "cheap feeling" Hasbro stuff. It's like the same thing with everything else, if it's different and costs more than people fool themselves into thinking it's better. I have a bunch of 3rd party stuff, once on the shelf I'm scared shitless to even touch them.

I don't know what has been going on with Hasbro or if it's even them or the retailers, but finding any stores lately keeping up with new stock is at an all time low. I've seen shelf and peg spots empty for MONTHS and more and more I'm starting to notice that I'm only ever seeing the real good figures once or twice if at all.

Recently I preordered gen Springer and Blitzwing thinking they would be nearly impossible to find seeing how retailers have been. They have been too, as I only saw them ONE time and thankfully bought them then. I WAS going to keep the ones on preorder, but after nearly waiting 2 months after I found them them at retail, I cancelled the order. They just now got them in.

My TRU has been stuck with little more than a log jam of DOTM crap still for some reason at full price....actually they cost more now than they did when the line was new. I'm just getting tired of the shit already!

I've never waivered in terms of loving Transformers...even the ones a whole lot of people don't like. But everything else in the equation is what is killing it for me.

Most of the cool new Hasbro stuff I haven't even seen in my area. I thought those Generations Disc (tapes) guys were cool until I got the Frenzy/Ravage one. I opened it and the toys are horrible. All the Prime stuff is boring too.

I usually stick with Masterpiece, third party, and encore. Anyone know what the hold up with the next encore release is? We had Fort Max released with no mention of a new one.

My disappointment as of late is selection. Like madman stated, the amount of DotM crap still on the shelves is appalling. I had to get my Springer and Blotzwing from BBTS as the only time I saw them locally was at the Philidelphia Comic Con, and you can imagine how much those pedalers were charging. Skipped them!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived