Anyone else feeling a little down on TFs right now?

jeffafa

I should really start this with "If you dont have anything nice to say..." but I am really disappointed with TFs lately Is it just me or is anyone else getting this vibe?

I cant put into words how excited I am about MP Soundwave and Encore Fort Max, but I literally could not give a crap about anything else on the horizon.

I saw a handful of "Beast Hunters" on the pegs a few days ago and they were laughable to me. I was hoping to be excited about Voyager Soundwave and his "Data Disk" minions but when I got those in hand the other day for some reason I was instantly turned off. I have seen (I think) most of the TRU GDO stuff but havent even considered buying any of those. Prime isnt doing anything for me. And event though I still get just about any Optimus I can get my hands on, I doubt I will be getting that year of the snake version of him.

What the hell is going on? Am I just getting old and cynical? I am sure we have all been in a financial jam that momentarily forced us to cut back on TF spending at least once during our time in the hobby, but I dont feel like I am there at all right now. In fact I feel quite the opposite. I have money to spend but nothing to buy other that the big ticket items that it seem like I have to wait forever for.

And please dont get me wrong, if you are enjoying the direction the toy line is going, more power to you - I am by no means knocking your taste in your hobby. I am just curious if I am alone in this right now

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Hasbro hardly ever releasing anything in the UK, like MP-10 for example and their canceling MP-Thundercracker, and more Bumblebee than anything else appearing then I tend to find it hard to care when Hasbro announces yet another Bumblebee but can't be bothered to release much of anything else.

It may be a minor thing, but it would be nice to find something that isn't sodding Bumblebee.

With Hasbro hardly ever releasing anything in the UK, like MP-10 for example and their canceling MP-Thundercracker, and more Bumblebee than anything else appearing then I tend to find it hard to care when Hasbro announces yet another Bumblebee but can't be bothered to release much of anything else.

It may be a minor thing, but it would be nice to find something that isn't sodding Bumblebee.

Or hell finding a wave 2 figure AT LAST in the north when London is on wave 4 for the last 3 months, paying TWICE what the yanks pay... etc.

Honestly before even thinking of the Bot-Sh@ line they should have sorted em selves out.

I'm not excited about anything really. I was happy to get the Prime first editions, but that's it... my wallet is happy that they aren't putting anything out... more money to buy ammo and guns... :D

I am actually more excited over the 3rd Party stuff that is coming out as it's a whole range of figures and not just more BB repaints from Hasbro. the only thing I am looking forward to from Hasbro is Grimlock, Blaster, and Ramhorn 2-pack. Beyond that there is nothing I want from them at this time.

I think personally that Hasbro is starting to shrug off collectors and concentrate harder on kids. Fine by me, I have bills to pay.

I agree with Bacon and D_S_J (sans Blaster and the 2 packers here on both of those fronts. My eye has been caught over the past year+ by either third party stuff or big ticket items but with so much of that hitting so close together and so fast, my money and patience is being divided. More oft than not bills and living expenses have been culling more wallet time over the past few months.

Beyond that, I think my collectors shelves are almost in that sweet spot as far as amount of TF's vs. the ones that I want or care about. I've enjoyed Prime, especially since I almost have all the FE's now, but the BH series is looking more and more like a deal breaker, and I'm fine with that. So yeah, I guess I am feeling a bit off on the TF's of late.

I think I'm just getting old. As of recent, I can't even OPEN my transformers. I still have MP Optimus, all 5 FoC Combaticons, and voyager FoC Soundwave still in the packaging. I JUST opened MP Thundercracker last Friday. As far as expectations, I'm only looking forward to YotS Omega, Ripclaw, TFCC Slipstream, and MP 10B (Nemesis Prime). That's it!!!!

I guess that depends on which market sector you're looking at right? If you are a strict Hasbro / Takara Tomy collector, and you don't like anything other than G1 inspired products, yeah I can see that. With the recent announcement of those Hero Factory wanna be TF toys, that might have added to your depression.

However, if you have cash to swing, 3rd Party companies are bringing great G1 designs non-stop. If I had the cash, I would jump on Function X: Code (ala Chromedome) in a heartbeat. Heck there are 2 companies releasing G1 Predakings.

Archived