Xovergen TrailerForce TF-01 Masterarmor Combined Supermode Images

BaCon

Xovergen%20TrailerForce%20TF-01%20Masterarmor%20Combined%20Supermode%20Images%20(10)__scaled_100.jpg
Planet Iacon have posted some new looks at the Xovergen TrailerForce TF-01 Masterarmor Combined Supermode, The third part made figure take the Power Master Optimus Prime / God Ginrai figures into a new dimension with the kind of articulation many a fan boy has dreamed of. No longer a brickformer, the glory of these figures are unleashed in a spectacular way. Check out the images of Xovergen TrailerForce TF-01 Masterarmor Combined Supermode now. Read the Full News Story Here

I don't usually go out of my way to state my opinion in length, but this is the one character from G1 that I am attached to the most, so I will exercise my "freedom" to judge it harshly.

First off, I don't think that it is a that bad of a figure. I like how the shoulder duel cannons and his rifle looks. The head sculpt is also very well done imo, but I think think the "good points" ends there...

If it was purely an update / upgrade design for Optimus Prime with no previous source material (for example like the Protector Armor for Classics Rodimus), this would be a pretty good add on. However, that is not the case since this is supposed to emulate Power Master Prime / Ginrai (or Jinrai), and there are just too many design cues that is out of place:

1) The over figure is just too tall and lanky. PM Prime is suppose to be more stocky because he doesn't have his "boots" for added height yet.

2) PM Prime did not have those blue forearm armors, they came from the Apex Armor Power Up.

3) Where did those City Commander Shoulder Missile Launcher wanna-be came from? Original figure did not have any weapon that resembles them at all.

4) The head / arms / feet attach to the body via visible joints that are simply too long. It truly looks like someone just stick limbs to a torso, and the whole figure does not looks like a cohesive body. The extra piece that they use to incorporate the original Ginrai body did hide the peg a bit, but only improved it slightly.

5) Trailer mode reminds me more of Armada's Overload than PM Prime. It doesn't even look like a cargo trailer, ala the original armor trailer that looked like G1 Prime's Trailer.

Sigh, this could have been so great, but at this stage it is very disappointing. I want to see their God Bomber with this body now to see if it solves any of these issues I have with this.

I don't usually go out of my way to state my opinion in length, but this is the one character from G1 that I am attached to the most, so I will exercise my "freedom" to judge it harshly.

First off, I don't think that it is a that bad of a figure. I like how the shoulder duel cannons and his rifle looks. The head sculpt is also very well done imo, but I think think the "good points" ends there...

If it was purely an update / upgrade design for Optimus Prime with no previous source material (for example like the Protector Armor for Classics Rodimus), this would be a pretty good add on. However, that is not the case since this is supposed to emulate Power Master Prime / Ginrai (or Jinrai), and there are just too many design cues that is out of place:

1) The over figure is just too tall and lanky. PM Prime is suppose to be more stocky because he doesn't have his "boots" for added height yet.

2) PM Prime did not have those blue forearm armors, they came from the Apex Armor Power Up.

3) Where did those City Commander Shoulder Missile Launcher wanna-be came from? Original figure did not have any weapon that resembles them at all.

4) The head / arms / feet attach to the body via visible joints that are simply too long. It truly looks like someone just stick limbs to a torso, and the whole figure does not looks like a cohesive body. The extra piece that they use to incorporate the original Ginrai body did hide the peg a bit, but only improved it slightly.

5) Trailer mode reminds me more of Armada's Overload than PM Prime. It doesn't even look like a cargo trailer, ala the original armor trailer that looked like G1 Prime's Trailer.

Sigh, this could have been so great, but at this stage it is very disappointing. I want to see their God Bomber with this body now to see if it solves any of these issues I have with this.

:agree

That trailer literally looks like the robot mode that's simply folded up. It doesn't look like an actual trailer.

I think the robot mode looks pretty good, so good in fact that it almost doesn't even need Classics Optimus Prime. They might as well have made a chest plate for it so that it could be used without Classics Prime.

I do wish they made a new Hi-Q/Ginrai to go with the trailer.

Archived