Deluxe Black Arachnia $3.49

Fatherdeth

Everyone ought to keep in mind, these will be leftovers from what they didn't sell before Christmas, and the majority of stores did sell through their supply quickly. Also, the markdown prices will vary, since store managers have discretion over these price reductions. But hey, other than Airachnid, there's not a Deluxe Aldi would have that I think isn't worth $3.50, so best of luck to everyone! :D

Airachnid is kinda rare down here. We haven't seen Transformers below the $5 since the 1980s! The cheapest we get are $7 Legends/Legions... $5 if they're on sale. :~( Welcome the world of TF pricing outside N. America. (T-T)

As for the toy... yeah, it's not good, but I don't think it's quite as horrible as some people make it out to be. I can see what HasTak have tried to do with this toy, but it just doesn't work out so well in execution. It's one of those "nice try but no Cy-Gar" toys (like say, the Fuzors ;p). The colours on this toy initially appears really dull, but on closer inspection you can actually see that they've put some interesting detailing in certain places, like gold lines bordering the face, and purple on the little sculpted Decepticon insignia.

prime_airachnid_bust.jpg

I got mine for $23, which is the cheapest it's ever been seen here. :/ For $3.50, you're laughing! (Australian Aldis don't even stock Transformers...)

Black Arachnia is one of my favorite Transformers, so it is of no coincidence Airachnid is one of my favorites. I know exactly what Goktimus is saying. One thing that bugs me is how that nicely sculpted head could be hidden with all that back kibble?!! The toy is not the greatest by a long shot, but it does appear they tried. I could forgive Hasbro and Takara if not for Airachnid's huge, flat hands!!

Goki, do you get the US versions or the Japanese versions where you are?

Australia's a Hasbro market, so we got the U.S. version.

Black Arachnia is one of my favorite Transformers, so it is of no coincidence Airachnid is one of my favorites. I know exactly what Goktimus is saying. One thing that bugs me is how that nicely sculpted head could be hidden with all that back kibble?!! The toy is not the greatest by a long shot, but it does appear they tried. I could forgive Hasbro and Takara if not for Airachnid's huge, flat hands!!

Airachnid's arms are five flavours of fail. It's similar to the arms on Vehicon, which leads me to believe that the toys were designed by the same person... but they've worked out worse on Airachnid than Vehicon. But to be fair, Airachnid is a more ambitious design challenge than Vehicon.

Airachnid's just another reason why letting animators design Transformers first (instead of letting toy designers just design them as toys) is a bad idea. :( I wish Hasbro would quit it and go back to the old formula of just designing toys as toys - without any concern for "show accuracy". Make the toys first, then let cartoonists work out how to design it for the show.

Goki, do you get the US versions or the Japanese versions where you are?

Australia's a Hasbro market, so we got the U.S. version.

Airachnid's arms are five flavours of fail. It's similar to the arms on Vehicon, which leads me to believe that the toys were designed by the same person... but they've worked out worse on Airachnid than Vehicon. But to be fair, Airachnid is a more ambitious design challenge than Vehicon.

Airachnid's just another reason why letting animators design Transformers first (instead of letting toy designers just design them as toys) is a bad idea. :( I wish Hasbro would quit it and go back to the old formula of just designing toys as toys - without any concern for "show accuracy". Make the toys first, then let cartoonists work out how to design it for the show.

Agreed!!!

Archived