Masterpiece red alert

Bumbleblogn

Ok, so I bought mp side swipe and was very content with it, there may have been a paint splotch on the roof or back of the car, but for the most part it was a very well done figure, with minor complaints. Now, I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the red alert version of the toy, and I was just wondering if the QC was about the same on it or if it was all together WORSE. And in saying so, will it be worth the 84 bucks on BBTS ?

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Have they even fixed the problem with the shoulders popping out really easily during toy play? Cos that's the one thing I don't like about Lambor and it put me off getting Alert.

I love the mold, my Red Alert had an issue where the legs were missassembled, but based on feedback from other people who bought the figure, it's not a widespread issue, pretty isolated actually since out of 100 known buyers, mine was the only one with an issue, and I should have a replacement on my door within a week. Was it disappointing? Yes, but it still doesn't turn me off from Red Alerts pure awesomeness

Have they even fixed the problem with the shoulders popping out really easily during toy play? Cos that's the one thing I don't like about Lambor and it put me off getting Alert.

IMHO, Masterpiece Transformers aren't designed for "toy play". They're focused market is adult collectors who display them. Like Fatherdeth mentioned, it's how the figure it designed, not a flaw. There's a Generations Red Alert for "toy play". :thumb

IMHO, Masterpiece Transformers aren't designed for "toy play". They're focused market is adult collectors who display them. Like Fatherdeth mentioned, it's how the figure it designed, not a flaw. There's a Generations Red Alert for "toy play". :thumb

I think you have a good point, and "play" can be a subjective term. While its easy to pose the argument that the price point for MPs should result in near flawless toys, my MPs are glorified statues that sit on the shelves on display. Most get transformed or played with once or twice at the most before hitting their final resting place in a nice pose on the shelf.

I see Goki's point though. I saw the shoulder thing on Sideswipe and thought initially it was a defect. There really is no way to lock that shoulder piece in place. After looking at it though it really adds to the articulation of the shoulders (to me at least) allowing greater range of motion. It felt sturdy enough, even without being able to lock in place, so I didnt worry about it.

Both masterpiece sideswipe and red alert have "quality" issues with the paint because the roof/windshild portion of the figure is a base black plastic which causes any paint on it to appear different than the rest of the body.

The rest of the figures paint is painted on a different color plastic.

You can always commission a customizer to fix the issue for you.

Archived