FansProject Function X-1 Code Images Show Ultimate Homage to G1 NOT Chromedome

BaCon

FansProject%20Function%20X-1%20Code%20Images%20Show%20Ultimate%20Homage%20to%20G1%20NOT%20Chromedome%20(10)__scaled_100.jpg
Just in are some new looks at the FansProject Function X-1 Code thanks to 78dc forums member itouch19822011. The new images show us the thrid party homage to the G1 Chromedome character in a whole new ultimate realization. The figure looks like is includes much of the quality design and care in making a figure that FansProject can do show out of the box in robot and cybertronian vehicle modes with his headmaster figure too. This could the the Chromedome we never had. Check out the images below of the FansProject Function X-1 Code figure now. Read the Full News Story Here

The helmet shouldn't be white, and at minimum the faceplate needs to be made orange. But those are matters that can be handled with some patience and a paint brush, so at least it isn't horrible design flaws. Also, lots of better quality photos: http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/viewthread.php?tid=28995&extra=page%3D1

I think the red and white head and guns are supposed to be candy cane colored for people who did the BBTS and TFSource special pre-orders for Toys for Tots/Salvation Army. There was no mention of it being an exclusive, but it's the only thing that makes sense.

Emerje

All I can think there is that there's gonna be some rage from early adopters that they ordered a purpose-made variant without being informed while every later instance will be more source-accurate. I have a hard time seeing Fansproject doing such a thing.

The helmet shouldn't be white, and at minimum the faceplate needs to be made orange. But those are matters that can be handled with some patience and a paint brush, so at least it isn't horrible design flaws. Also, lots of better quality photos: http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/viewthread.php?tid=28995&extra=page%3D1

Looking at it from a G1 perspective, the head looks strange. But look in that link to the comic book panels. Chromedome has a white head there. So I'm fine with that. If anything, it looks like they did the head as a cross between the comic and G1 appearance.

Possibly. Though I'd say by trying to do both at once, they ended up doing neither correctly and it would have been better to commit to one or the other and get it right. Although, I think it they were looking to IDW as a color model, then they should have had the arms and head be matching color. Probably what is mainly so off-putting about the white head is that it's the only instance of white like that on the toy, so it looks sloppily mismatched. Anyway, if you look at the comic panels with Prowl and Chromedome together, Prowl is white, and Chromedome is not. Chromedome's contrasting color is essentially khaki, but the way the coloring works in MTMTE, it's easy to glance at it on panels with no point of comparison and it reads as white. If you think back to Last Stand, Ironfist had pretty much the same thing going on.

Y'know, Fansproject has historically been good about dealing with concerns of their audience. Hopefully if they recognize the head color is an issue with the fanbase, they'll try to pull something together so people who want can get a Headmaster piece that's more accurate to one form of media or another.

Possibly. Though I'd say by trying to do both at once, they ended up doing neither correctly and it would have been better to commit to one or the other and get it right. Although, I think it they were looking to IDW as a color model, then they should have had the arms and head be matching color. Probably what is mainly so off-putting about the white head is that it's the only instance of white like that on the toy, so it looks sloppily mismatched. Anyway, if you look at the comic panels with Prowl and Chromedome together, Prowl is white, and Chromedome is not. Chromedome's contrasting color is essentially khaki, but the way the coloring works in MTMTE, it's easy to glance at it on panels with no point of comparison and it reads as white. If you think back to Last Stand, Ironfist had pretty much the same thing going on.

Y'know, Fansproject has historically been good about dealing with concerns of their audience. Hopefully if they recognize the head color is an issue with the fanbase, they'll try to pull something together so people who want can get a Headmaster piece that's more accurate to one form of media or another.

With the way they color comics today, I'm not surprised there's some confusing as to the coloring on MTMTE Chromedome.

Archived