40 Generations figures checklist

Hellscream85

I doubt I will combine them simply because they are not combiners, and I have not seen anything from WFC to say otherwise. But yeah all these WFC's are a let down because like many we were hoping for more Classic versions of old G1 figures.

It's almost as if HasTak just completely relinquished that part of the franchise to 3rd parties.....

Not gonna complain about that too much, especially since the outsiders are playing the game better than the home team.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is true, Which is why I am hoping Igear actually comes through with their Presser aka Impactor. Then we can get Roadbuster and Whirl. As long as all the 3rd parties continue with the Wreckers I will be happy there. especially with Fansproject giving us Defender and Assaulter, The Wreckers should all be done by the 3rd parties.

Still trying to figure out where Steel Core falls in with the Wreckers, but I'm thinking he was the first of the completely new figures for the Wreckers

That is true, Which is why I am hoping Igear actually comes through with their Presser aka Impactor. Then we can get Roadbuster and Whirl. As long as all the 3rd parties continue with the Wreckers I will be happy there. especially with Fansproject giving us Defender and Assaulter, The Wreckers should all be done by the 3rd parties.

Still trying to figure out where Steel Core falls in with the Wreckers, but I'm thinking he was the first of the completely new figures for the Wreckers

Steel Core ranks as one of my most wanted figures, I've held off on him mainly because of the MASSIVE influx of great third party items, and because I'm just not sure where he fits in the collection, mine is pure Neo-G1, and I just can't figure out whether Steel Core should be a "new" character to the G1 armada I've built up, or a stand-in/substitution for an existing character.

Well hopefully the price comes down on eBay for you, I managed to get Steel Core through the 2nd release from FPC. I'm thinking he might be a new take on Ultra Magnus with an Optimus Prime head and a little Breastforce tossed in for good measure. To me it is the only thing that makes sense, or he is a pre dinobot Grimlock clone and it is the breastforce Nebulan that actually control him.

I cant blame Hasbro too much. The core collectors bitched last time because we only got 4 last time so now they are making a ton. They need to get some better sense tho and find a medium between the two.

Oh man, totally forgot about those. Who are they supposed to combine into anyway?

Ruination ... Which has a lot of people pissed! Lol

Knowing what the combined mode looks like, that's a very suitable name.

I for one like the colors, and what the combinated mode looks like. The problem people are having though is that historically, Ruination has been the name of a Decepticon gesalt & considering these are the Wreckers combining, it just doesn't sit well with some.

Ruination is another name for Bruticus, and that all started with Robots In Disguise. When they brought in the Combaticons, and G2 Laser Optimus Prime. I think what the main complaint is, is the lack of creativity with the name of the Wrecker Gestalt, and trying to turn 5 characters that are bad asses and never were combiners into combiners. That and Impactor looks nothing like Impactor, as a matter of fact only FOC Roadbuster looks remotely like G1 Roadbuster, the rest are complete misses

Ruination is another name for Bruticus, and that all started with Robots In Disguise. When they brought in the Combaticons, and G2 Laser Optimus Prime. I think what the main complaint is, is the lack of creativity with the name of the Wrecker Gestalt, and trying to turn 5 characters that are bad asses and never were combiners into combiners. That and Impactor looks nothing like Impactor, as a matter of fact only FOC Roadbuster looks remotely like G1 Roadbuster, the rest are complete misses

Yup, that sums it up. I don't mind repaints, but Hasbro ruins it sometimes with complete laziness. Take the Darkmount and Skullgrin figures. I don't mind it because the paint apps and different head sculpts differentiate them enough and it allows us to get more figures with "Classic" names. Turning the FoC Combaticons into AUTOBOTS is just plain stupid. I more than likely will get them, but like most of you all will not combine them. Ruination, really Hasbro?!

And that is why I hope 3rd Parties continue with making the Wreckers. We got Springer, Broadside, upcoming Impactor, and Twin Twist and Topspin

Archived