Irony

Blitz-Wing

A few months ago, it seemed like everyone was up in arms because not one RID Vehicon could be found on the shelves.

Yesterday, I was doing some last minute shopping and peeked in the toy aisles. Most of the TF:Prime and WFC merchandise was cleaned out, which was nice to see. But the only toys I consistently saw left hanging were RID Vehicons.

Strange how that works.

Duuuude! No doubt. I lucked out and found two vehicons a week apart some months ago, now I'm finding the regular and the FE versions all over the place. The army builders amongst us might be getting more than they bargained for!

Ofcourse, ebay and Takara Arms Microns figures will impact future sales of figures later on, the influx of Vehicons is due to fan demand for more, however Hasbro was WAYYYYY too late to the game on this one. A vast majority of those that wanted Vehicons (myself included) got theirs off ebay, or imported them MONTHS ago. It's not ironic, it's a failed attempt to appease demand, which has virtually disappeared due to outside sources, which by definition is unfortunate.

Ofcourse, ebay and Takara Arms Microns figures will impact future sales of figures later on, the influx of Vehicons is due to fan demand for more, however Hasbro was WAYYYYY too late to the game on this one. A vast majority of those that wanted Vehicons (myself included) got theirs off ebay, or imported them MONTHS ago. It's not ironic, it's a failed attempt to appease demand, which has virtually disappeared due to outside sources, which by definition is unfortunate.

^ That is my case. 5 PRID vehicons and 1 wing vehicon later I am kinda tapped out. I debated on getting some more to repaint into the vehicon elite, but ehh, they are bound to do it eventually.

I've got mine, but since picking him up a few months back, I'm still yet to see him on any shelf or in any store. I've seen his case mates, but here, he is still being gobbled up quicker than any other figure apparently.

I managed to pick up 5 RiD Vehicons, hoping to help others with two of them,, all before the influx, and then left the states. So it is good to see RiD Vehicon finally showing up for those that held out, I might have my wife pick up 5 more just so I can have the army, and have it led by my FE RiD Vehicon. Though with the General Vehicon coming out in March from Takara. I might just forgo any more Vehicons.

TFPRiD Vehicon's been as rare as hen's teeth for me. I've ever seen him ONCE in stores (and that was when I bought him). I only intend on getting one... not a fan of getting doubles, especially if it's short packed. I'm building my own little army of Vehicons but where none of them are actual doubles.

prime_vehicons_carsquad.jpg

L-R: First Edition Vehicon, Jet Vehicon, Arms Micron Vehicon, TFPRiD Vehicon

Bah.. Vehicon is suppose to be Army and doubled andv tripled.

I have 1 FE Vehicon, 5 RiD Vehicon, 3 Takara Vehicon, 3 Takara Jet Vehicon, and getting 3 Takara General Vehicon, and if they do Silver Jet Vehicon, I will do 3 of him as well

I have been seeing the newest wave everywhere too, so I'm glad I waited to get my vechicon (got a 2nd one when Target had deluxe at $11.99 one week.) The funny thing is I can't seem to find an Arachnid that supposedly comes with that wave. (Not that I need one)

Not missing much with Arachnid, I ordered her, Rumble, and Kup from HTS. and was thoroughly disappointed with her. I'm sure if she was a Voyager or made with the old Deluxe size, she would have been an awesome figure

Archived