Pacific Rim

Breaker

Looks like a movie that could be a lot of fun. Robots (aside from the NFL's Cleatus lookalike) look cool. Makes me wonder what the Bay movies would like like if the robots weren't so complex. Granted their aliens and these are man-made, but still. Also love that Del Torro put GLaDoS in the film. With some slight alterations this movie could've been Voltron. Those monsters could easily be robeasts.Or Power Rangers I guess... if your into that.

Did you notice how Pacific Rim is a Live Action Rip Off of Neon Genesis Evangelion? It's too bad that we will never see a NGE Live Action, so this movie is a favor to NGE fans and will be amazing to watch. Can't wait to see it

And before anyone says it is not a rip off

The outfits are basically the same

Miko Mori is a take on Rei

One of the Monsters looks almost exactly like one of the Angels

Evan the non Japanese have Japanese names

Deployment of the Jaegers is the same as the deployment of the Eva's in a few episodes

some of the shots are the same especially with the newest poster, you have the Jaeger with the gangway in front of two people standing there

Now also keep in mind I'm not owning this movie, as a matter of fact I can not wait to see it. Anime brought to life by an American Director, and in the American style

Plus with the Live Action Evangelion movie forever stuck in limbo, this will be good to see

I've never seen that show but I'm with you. I think before Transformers a big budget movie in this style would've never made it. Regardless of it's influences I think it'll be a lot of fun to watch.

Man you need to see Neon Genesis Evangelion, it is what caused the Anime craze in America back in the 90's, the series was amazing, and is regarded as the greatest Anime of all time. It was only 26 Episodes with 2 movies. and they are still re releasing the entire series to this day, because of its popularity

Dude, totally agree with you about NGE!! GREAT series and I wish it would get revisited, at least with a couple new movies, live action or animated. And yeah, I got a strong NGE feel from this trailer, with a lot of Big O elements as well. I can't wait to see this movie!

Personally I want a Mobile Suit Gundam live-action movie, yes I know they tried before with G-Savior, but come on, a modern take on Gundam with an american millitary action feel? That would be wicked awesome!

The only problem I see with a Live Action Gundam movie, is the Japanese actually suck at making Live Action movies out of Anime. Give Gundam Wing to an American Director, and it would be amazing

I've seen Gundam Wing. And anime in American hands isnt always that good. Remember Dragonball? LOL

There always have to be a bad one, out of how many good ones

Archived