Fansproject Announce Function-X - Ultimate NOT Headmasters Coming Soon

BaCon

Fansproject%20Function-X%20Headmasters%20Chomedome%20Brainstorm%20Mindwipe%20Minerva%20Weirdwolf%20Skullcruncher%20Image%20(1)__scaled_100.jpg
Just in is an update and new images on the Fansproject Function-X news that we previsouly reported. Turns out these will be a Headmasters collection of toys with Chromedome said the be the first action figure release in series with Brainstorm and Mindwipe, Minerva, Weirdwolf and Skullcruncher in "City of Steel" colors to follow. Check out the images of the figure designs showing mock-ups for each of the characters molds in robot and alternate molds below. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First shown at TF Con this year, FansProjects newest subline is their take on G1 Headmasters! Reports are, that first on deck is Chromedome. FP has updated their website with a teaser showing us what's in store. Click the link to check it out!

http://www.fansproject.com/?p=723

Nope these are Headmasters, thet show the color pallettes for each figure next to the individual silhouettes, in addition the "first" release is codenamed "CODE" which could be short for "ChrOmeDomE" what's odd to me is that it appears Hardhead and Mindwipe are absent, yet Highbrow stands as the third figure in the top row. Hoping this won't affect Headrobots future Savant upgrade kit for DOTM Skyhammer.

Yes, Function X IS the label for Fansprojects' Headmaster releases, as revealed at LamerCon. However Hellscream, you're slightly off - the third on the top row actually is Mindwipe, meaning Highbrow and Hardhead are the ones left missing. Likely out of respect for the Headrobots projects, though in Highbrow's case I'd still prefer a different option. I suspect Chromedome will be a popular figure out of this lineup though, thanks again to IDW, but I'm actually more looking forward to the Decepticons since it's rather more difficult to substitute in a decent Mindwipe from existing modern toys, and damn near impossible to do any kind of Skullcruncher.

Fansproject%20Function-X%20Headmasters%20Chomedome%20Brainstorm%20Mindwipe%20Minerva%20Weirdwolf%20Skullcruncher%20Image%20(1)__scaled_100.jpg
Just in is an update and new images on the Fansproject Function-X news that we previsouly reported. Turns out these will be a Headmasters collection of toys with Chromedome said the be the first action figure release in series with Brainstorm and Mindwipe, Minerva, Weirdwolf and Skullcruncher in "City of Steel" colors to follow. Check out the images of the figure designs showing mock-ups for each of the characters molds in robot and alternate molds below. Read the Full News Story Here

So, why exactly is "LamerCon" being substituted for the proper name of the unofficial Canadian Transformers convention?

I was wondering the same, I had to edit my first post to correct it. Best guess is some bad blood?

I've had a custom Chromedome with headmaster on my shelf for over a year (made from Generations Red Alert with a shapeways upgrade kit) gonna be sad to see his spot taken, but these guys look awesome and I just can't miss out. Though Mindwipe is still stepping on Headrobots toes...

Archived