Transformers G1 Ultra Magnus Commemorative Reissue New Version Has Tall Stacks and Short Missiles!

BaCon

Transformers%20G1%20Ultra%20Magnus%20Commemorative%20Reissue%20New%20Version%20Image%20(1)__scaled_100.jpg
I don't know how this happened, but I think fans are going to approve, and not if you already got yours, Hasbro released a new production run of the G1 Ultra Magnus Commemorative Reissue that is a new version. The popular reissue is now back in stock with all of the original accessories, including full length smoke stacks and short missiles. Has the era of impotent Transformers ended? The figure is in-stock now for $79.99 USD at bigbadtoystore.com Read the Full News Story Here

Ooh, neat. I got the Japanese reissue years ago, but I'll buy this one, now that I know it's got the proper smokestacks and missiles. It's Christmas 1986 all over again, only this time the wheels are rubber and Ultra Magnus' face is painted.

Don't get too excited. My understanding is that Hasbro made these for the Asian market so it makes sense that they wouldn't be prone to US safety standards. Long missiles are still a safety requirement in the US. The short stacks are another story, TRU MP Optimus has long stacks.

Emerje

Don't get too excited. My understanding is that Hasbro made these for the Asian market so it makes sense that they wouldn't be prone to US safety standards. Long missiles are still a safety requirement in the US. The short stacks are another story, TRU MP Optimus has long stacks.

Emerje

I suspect that TRU MP Optimus Prime got to keep the long stacks because the stacks are designed to move up and down.

Emerje

I suspect that TRU MP Optimus Prime got to keep the long stacks because the stacks are designed to move up and down.

Actually it's still a mystery as to why TRU MP OP got to keep his stacks, collapsable or not, they're still much longer what safety standards would normally call for. The only reasonable explanation is a change in classification which would reclassify MP OP from being a childs toy to an adult collectible, however there really hasn't been any word whatsoever as to the real reason, and given that the age-range on the box still hasn't changed it's going to remain up for speculation.

Emerje

Makes no difference anymore. It is right here to buy in the USA for a nice price.

Do the missles fire?

So, I got the Ultra Magnus that I ordered from BBTS. The information provided in this news is incorrect. Ultra Magnus has the short smokestacks and long missiles. The copyright does say 2012, so it's not an old release.

Archived