Transformers BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Theme Revealed -Soundwave, Megatron, Starscream, Laser Prime, Galvatron

BaCon

tf_universe_kingatlas-100.jpg
Thanks to Allspark forums member Walky, we have confirmation that the Transformers BotCon 2013 theme will be Machine Wars. The news was revealed in the latest edition of the TFCC Magazine that appears to be landing in people's mailboxes just about now. Word is the image shows teasers for Machine Wars Soundwave, Megatron, Starscream, Laser Prime (RTS) and Galvatron. We can only hope there will be some actual Machine Wars molds such as the Universe King Atlas (shown) offered up instead of reduxed figures, but we'll have to wait and see. Read the Full News Story Here

Don't see it, as there are not any molds currently out that would fit Machine Wars, though tfcc is stupid enough to use the RTS G2 Prime mold two years in a row

Could have been awesome, however since FunPub won't use anything larger than deluxes in the convention sets and no A/E/C molds, the only figure that I see being anywhere close to a win would be Soundwave, that's if they use 07 Wreckage with a new head and shoulder missile that can mount on the vehicle mode back. Would have been more awesome to use Cybertron Defense Red Alert, however as I stated above, won't happen.

Could have been awesome, however since FunPub won't use anything larger than deluxes in the convention sets and no A/E/C molds, the only figure that I see being anywhere close to a win would be Soundwave, that's if they use 07 Wreckage with a new head and shoulder missile that can mount on the vehicle mode back. Would have been more awesome to use Cybertron Defense Red Alert, however as I stated above, won't happen.

Gigatron was a Voyager mold....in the boxset... and so was Octopunch.

Gigatron was a Voyager mold....in the boxset... and so was Octopunch.

Octopunch wasn't in the set, he was part of the two figure add-on, you're right about Gigatron, however no Voyager molds really exist that can capture anybody from the Machine Wars days, Universe Silverbolt would have been good for Starscream, but that's an Ultra, when was the last time Botcon had an exclusive that was an Ultra?

Don't forget, this is about likeness, not scale. I'm sure they'll use the Thunderwing mold again with a new head and chest for Starscream. If they're really basing this on the Machine Wars likenesses then Megatron will probably be the Seeker Jet mold. Optimus will probably be the lone Voyager (being the only Autobot mentioned), likely a repaint of Classics Optimus. If not then Soundwave could be the Cybertron Defense Scattorshot mold since it was reused Universe twice and for Flak for Botcon 2009. If they did go with CD Red Alert for Soundwave it won't be part of the box. Galvatron might just be a repaint of Universe Galvatron, hard to say since he wasn't originally part of MW.

Emerje

Don't forget, this is about likeness, not scale. I'm sure they'll use the Thunderwing mold again with a new head and chest for Starscream. If they're really basing this on the Machine Wars likenesses then Megatron will probably be the Seeker Jet mold. Optimus will probably be the lone Voyager (being the only Autobot mentioned), likely a repaint of Classics Optimus. If not then Soundwave could be the Cybertron Defense Scattorshot mold since it was reused Universe twice and for Flak for Botcon 2009. If they did go with CD Red Alert for Soundwave it won't be part of the box. Galvatron might just be a repaint of Universe Galvatron, hard to say since he wasn't originally part of MW.

Emerje

Dear god I hope none of that comes to pass, also it was mentioned that just before last years botcon the A/E/C molds were being retired from Botcon, so we won't be seeing anything from there, and I'd rather see Wreckage retooled into MW Soundwave anyway. Also Optimus looks like he won't be in the boxset, or at the convention at all since they're just repurposing the retail version of RTS G2 Prime for the story. As far as other Machine Wars characters we'll more than likely get a straight repaint of HFTD Tomahawk as MW Sandstorm, Megatron/Megaplex and Skywarp/Thundercracker are mysteries for what molds will be used, Green Mirage/Prowl will most likely use the classics Mirage mold since that's the only non-stealth-force Formula 1 type racecar mold to have been released in forever, Hoist/Hubcap are just I dunno.....

As I said before the set COULD have been awesome, however there really aren't that many molds that they can use that even slightly resemble the look of the Machine Wars characters. I suppose Starscream could use a retooled Prime Dreadwing/Skyquake mold, but that seems too much a stretch, Universe Silverbolt with a new head would have had both the look and size.

Well according to Pete Sinclair, there will be new characters, so we won't be seeing all of the characters from MW as exclusives, though Megaplex was basically confirmed along with Megatron. Pete also said that some of the basics will now become Voyager size, and while colors will be the same, many will get new features and characteristics. I'm sure we could end up seeing DOTM Sky hammer repurposed into MW Sandstorm

RiD Megatron was considered an Ultra and the last two true Ultra's that were used for Botcon was

2006 BW Megatron, using the Ultra Cybertron Red Alert Mold

2010 G2 Clench using the Universe Ultra Onslaught Mold.

The main thing is Pete said Voyager for the basics not Ultra Though Starscream could use the Universe 2.0 Ultra Silver bolt mold. I rather doubt it

I can see Sandstorm using the DOTM Sky hammer mold, but what voyager would Megaplex use? Only one that is a possibility is the TFP Voyager Stars cream, another thing that Pete hinted at is these are War Machines, so we are also looking at Military vehicles. Also since we got two remolds of the RTS G2 Prime last year, and Galvatron just 2 years ago I do not see Galvatron being used, in the set

Archived