Beast Hunters

Fatherdeth

Yeah, I want a deluxe class Smokescreen too. Not just the Knockout repaint from Takara. I want an individual mold. But so far, the beast hunters line looks too much like Transformers have landed in The Savage Land!!

Not even that. When Transformers landed in the Savage Land, we got the G1 Dinobots! These guys are NO where near as cool!

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Savage_Land

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I want a deluxe class Smokescreen too. Not just the Knockout repaint from Takara. I want an individual mold. But so far, the beast hunters line looks too much like Transformers have landed in The Savage Land!!

Not even that. When Transformers landed in the Savage Land, we got the G1 Dinobots! These guys are NO where near as cool!

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Savage_Land

Yes, that's right. Well, how about the transformers landed in Neverland. You know, the one where Robin Williams was Peter Pan. But seriously, I guess like Onslaught said, this is Hasbro's way of saying no more Prime. Which I find weird because it has been speculated that the tv series was supposed to long running and after the season 2 finale, I want more!!

I picked these up and I honestly don't think they are that bad. again, there's been worse. The weapons don't quite work like mechtech, no springy gimmicks mucking anything up. Now what will be an issue are the qc issues, but to this point they are fixable.

Bumblebee I really like. All of them except laserback are retools of the rid figs. BB is the most heaviest with basically the whole upper body remolded, but still functions similarly to the original. The beast thing be damned, he just looks ready to hunt and kill something. That's cool in my book.

Wheeljack is a slightly less, but rather heavy remold as well. My gripe being arms popping off and the spikes all over being a bit of a pain . to deal with. Otherwise, he looks ready to stomp some ass like BB. His biggest addition being the fold out wings which can be adjusted to whatever way floats your boat. The spear folds up and has a launching ring that can open and be clamped to some part of the enemy as a restraining device i guess. Not bad.

Soundwave is probably the least remolded, but does pick up some mass...particularly on the wings. Ravage is tiny but OK. SW also has a grappling harpoon which doesn't help the alt mode, but it's fine for bot mode. It would have been much better with a couple of better color choices.

Laserback wasn't my high on my pickup list, but he isn't half bad. He reminds me of a lower form of cybertron Scourge before .getting upgraded. Bot head being super loose and a not having enough articulation for his beast mode does hurt it more than anything. However he does have a rather nice bot mode with some neat steps in transforming. Weapons nicely integrate into a beast mode and can still both function as his back/gun pops up and can swivel .so he's like part beast part mobile gun station.

I see where people are coming from though. These would be fine figures at the old $9.99 price, but for what we're stuck paying now they need to step things up a lot! Yes, retailers are jacking the prices, but I'm sure Hasbro has some part in that as well.

While I am liking these, I don't have that fuzzy feeling looking forward to the Optimus coming.

From the pictures, I kind of like his alt mode. It looks kind of like a cross between the G1 flat noses can and the Animated cab. I can see where some people will like these figures. I can't, and again, that's not knocking anyone who does. I actually think Wheeljack looks pretty cool in bot mode. Again, I will be getting Ripclaw and possibly Predaking. So, now I'll have 4 different factions fighting with 1 wildcard. Terrorcon Cliffy is like the Jason Vorhees of my Prime figures. He'll just randomly show up to terrorize.

So far I have picked up Soundwave, Wheeljack, and Lazerback. Of the three Soundwave surprised me the most, there is some limited articulation with the new design but over all I am impressed more so then I expected. Wheeljack is a nice change but mine has already showcased the arm problem. And Finally Lazerback is just plain awesome, not sure why, but I really like this design and look forward to other new animal ones we have seen so far.

...everytime I see the name "Lazerback", it's like hearing fingernails scraping down a chalkboard. (-_-) Damn you Hasbro and your illiteracy!

:agree

It always looks like someone misspelled "Laserbeak."

...everytime I see the name "Lazerback", it's like hearing fingernails scraping down a chalkboard. (-_-) Damn you Hasbro and your illiteracy!

Nah, someone at Hasbro had Timberlake stuck in their head, I mean they did bring "Laserback". :tfdance :cjdance :tfdance **GROOOOOAAANNNN*

Nah, someone at Hasbro had Timberlake stuck in their head, I mean they did bring "Laserback". :tfdance :cjdance :tfdance **GROOOOOAAANNNN*

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Archived