Thoughts On Igear's Miniwarriors?

Bean007

What do you guys think of iGear's MiniWarrior line? I think they look amazing! Their not-Huffer (Rager) and not-Seaspray (Spray) looked great! I love the detail, I love the great articulation, and I love their simple transformations. It just makes for a great throwback feeling in the hand.

Their new bots look great too! Personally, I'd prefer them to all be released in the smaller size (like Rager and Spray) as these are all remakes of minibots (plus, the simpler transformation seems better suited to a smaller toy) as opposed to the slightly larger not-Brawn (Hench) and not-Cosmos (UFO). Still, Hench and UFO look so good, I may just pick them up anyway.

I like them and I plan to collect as many characters as IGear will make. I wouldn't mind having Rage and Spray in the new, larger scale though. I also wish UFO was based on G1 Cosmos rather than, what was it, an unused design for Transformers Titanium series?

love these guys, and have all four.

only problem is my hench arrived from bbts w/o a head.

got an e-mail into them to (hopefully) get a replacement head, though

i like the bigger size, but also wish all four were the same size as well.

the two newer ones are almost deluxe sized. (and with the new smaller deluxes, they may be)

Actually, I love UFO as a slightly larger scale. I've always wanted a Cosmos as a deluxe class figure, but iGear hit the nail on the head with UFO. He's not too incredibly large and the little details they added are awesome. He's very poseable and the space man glass het is just pure win. It pops off for anybody not keen on it. Also note: iGear should write the bios for Hasbro. They have a part of UFO's bio stating that his ray gun is a toy given to him as a joke.

I only have Spray and UFO, but the Gears wannabe they're putting out looks phenomenal and I'm definitely getting it.

Yup, I love em as well, and I'm really hoping Igear moves beyond the announced 8, I would love to see their take on Tailgate, Pipes, and Wheelie. While I love the RTS Windcharger, if Igear were to put out a new mold MW version of him, I would definitely pick him up, though I don't know what I'd do with my RTS and United 'Chargers....

Yup, I love em as well, and I'm really hoping Igear moves beyond the announced 8, I would love to see their take on Tailgate, Pipes, and Wheelie. While I love the RTS Windcharger, if Igear were to put out a new mold MW version of him, I would definitely pick him up, though I don't know what I'd do with my RTS and United 'Chargers....

Well spoken!!!!

I love these little guys, but the scale needs to be corrected on atleast seaspray. I always felt that huffer was the smallest of the lot and have no problem with his current size.

Will be getting as many as they put out.

Yeah, Spray, being a hovercraft could be a little larger. I think the problem is they originally didn't anticipate on making these MWs larger. My guess is, since they are getting a little more successful, they are expanding and making their toys a little bit more appealing. I look at UFO and say "Wow, I paid $40 for this guy." Looking at the legends class Cosmos; however, makes you appreciate the price difference. That's my biggest reasoning of buying third party toys. They're giving is figures Hasbro either won't give us, or royally messed up the design.

I really like them a lot, especially Hench/Not Brawn, but I'm having trouble with getting over the 35+ for them.

I totally agree. The original Miniwarriors were somewhere around $18. That's just about the same price as a Transformer in the stores. I would gladly pay the same price for a more highly-detailed, simpler-transforming toy. Assuming that everything will now be in the Hench size and price point, it will be tougher. I will most likely not be able to collect the whole line now. I'll have to pick and choose. Even at the $35, though, it's still more affordable than $95 for something like the Hercules bots. At least I can consider buying these. Maybe I'll bite the bullet...

I'm secretly hoping they will still put these out in the original Rager scale and pricepoint, but based on their prototype pics, it doesn't look like that will be the case.

Archived