Why Do People Defend Online Stores That Are Overpriced?

peaces

i've noticed some forums are full of shills. this not being one of them. i've given up trying to have a real conversation on those since it's like talking to store employees.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of them do work in retail, or fast food. if they work at all. But yeah I have noticed that, so when I am on one of the other Forums I frequent. I steer clear of those arguments

Well money's kind of important, so I think it's very valid to complain about overpriced toys. I don't know about the rest of you, but I absolutely HATE paying above regular retail price for ANY toy. And every time I see a toy being sold for above RRP or someone paying above RRP for a toy, my instinctive reaction is...

spitdrink-1.gifstewiegriffin_shock.jpg

You're charging/You paid HOW MUCH?!?

I very rarely ever pay above RRP for a toy - cos every dollar above RRP that is spent on a toy could be spent on other things. Like more Transformers. :D

e.g. I know someone who spent $1000 on a G1 Fortress Maximus.

I spent $300 on Fortress Maximus. I spent $300 on Brave Maximus (MISB), and Encore Fortress Maximus is set to cost approx. $300 too. So in effect, that person has spent MORE on his single Fortress Maximus than I would have spent on THREE Maximi!

#value.for.money

I just don't have the money to be throwing around. I HATE the fact that some stores charge as much as they do for toys. Especially, when a lot of the times they are a standard mold that could be found at retail store for $15. I've made the mistake and am not proud of it. For example, because Nemesis Prime is one of my favorite characters I HAD to have the SDCC exclusive. I paid close to $50 from BBTS thinking it was going to be rare and hard to get. Next thing you know, it shows up on hasbrotoystore.com for $27. So, needless to say, I'm careful these days.

yea, those con exclusives are such a rip off. if i had the money to spend, i would be buying legit stuff like masterpieces. not that i have money to spend like that. for me now it will be strictly retail, and usually on sale.

Yeah, it looks as if I'm finally on a break from purchasing anymore right now. I just got MP Red Alert and the 2 pack data discs. Nothing else right now suits me. I have a little extra money to play with because I just recently sold off a lot of my non transformer toys. I want the MP10B!!

• 4 weeks later...

Why do UK customers defend sites like Epic (rip-off) Heroes..

Well as in our little overran island we have the unique privilege of payng two times what America pays.

But with the distribution of an asthmatic at a melon pip spittin competition...

Hell even sites like Kapow are realising they are among the last choices left and are starting to hike their prices now.

• 4 weeks later...

Not all of the cheaper online stores ship outside the US, so the existence of cheaper stores can be somewhat moot.

Additionally, just for an example, I once ordered a humungous crateload of stuff from BBTS, had it shipped across the world to Australia, delivered to me personally at work, and even with all the shipping charges and courier delivery it was still less than half what I would have paid locally in stores. Some items were a third the price.

So for me, at least, 'overpriced' online stores are comparatively very, very cheap.

Archived