Why Do People Defend Online Stores That Are Overpriced?

peaces

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$20 for a deluxe preorder, $7.39 for shipping, $2 for it to be near mint. give me a break.

Don't be afraid to name names. :thumb

This has always been the case. There are leagues of guys who source all their stuff by scalping which might explain the mark-up. :mwahaha

There could be several reasons why people pay the upped prices:

1) They live in rural areas and a trip to "the city" could cost more than it's worth

2) Some of these figures are hard to find and they don't have the time or patience to deal with the hunt

3) They're just plain lazy :shrug

4) Military folks don't get to go on hunts. Sometimes, the online stores are their only way of collecting at all.

I'm assuming the OP is referring to online stores that sponsor Transformers related websites and youtube pages.....(recalls seeing BBTS selling the Icecream truck twins for $50+ after ROTF was in theaters).... It sucks and I personally refuse to buy from these online stores unless it is great sale or clearance. That said, if someone is willing to pay for it, you can't hate them for selling their items at the prices they list. You can do what most of us do, refuse to buy from online stores.

Uhhhh, Peaces. I'm in the Air Force. I work 60 hours a week to include weekends when we have a class on the ground. I dont have a lot of time for hunting around or add that the Toys R Us here in Burlington, NJ is pathetic with getting good stuff in. Yeah, I use Big bad Toy Store to get certain items. I'm not defending their high prices, but sometimes they're my only option. Plus I can pre-order stuff and let's not mention Takara stuff we can't get here in the states.

The $2 for "near-mint" gives it away as being BBTS. They've always offered that "service" since they've been around. I personally never went for that markup, since their regular grade items were always in great condition. This is more of some psychological question than anything. People tend to defend the things they use and may take offense to someone that doesn't like it. That behaviour doesn't make sense to me really.

I rather have an option to pick up that one figure that I can never find... If that means they charge a little bit more than I will support that...

Uhhhh, Peaces. I'm in the Air Force. I work 60 hours a week to include weekends when we have a class on the ground. I dont have a lot of time for hunting around or add that the Toys R Us here in Burlington, NJ is pathetic with getting good stuff in. Yeah, I use Big bad Toy Store to get certain items. I'm not defending their high prices, but sometimes they're my only option. Plus I can pre-order stuff and let's not mention Takara stuff we can't get here in the states.

Oh snap, I'll list that as Reason 4

Oh snap, I'll list that as Reason 4

Hahahahahaha!!

Archived