Toy Sales Continue To Plummet

Blitz-Wing

*remembers Saturday morning cartoons on every network*..... I miss the 80's/early 90's....

amen.

Preach on brother! Our kids think they have it good with tablets, 3DSs, iPhone other techy whatnots. Oh, to have a DeLorean....

I feel likes it's an 'all of the above' combo: tech boom w/tablets, DS, etc., weak economy, lackluster R&D, poor distribution and higher prices. I think it can be argued however, that the latter (poor distribution & higher prices...you can lump R&D in there as well) just compound the issues faced with the economic and technological challenges.

*remembers Saturday morning cartoons on every network*..... I miss the 80's/early 90's....

amen.

Preach on brother! Our kids think they have it good with tablets, 3DSs, iPhone other techy whatnots. Oh, to have a DeLorean....

one way ticket to the 80's for me, the wife, the kid, and my modded xbox if you find that delorean.

Toy buying has always been reactionary for the regular people. TF sales were huge while all the movies were in theaters. I honestly think that one problem with TF sales taking a hit is because Prime is on the Hub. It would probably be better if it were on Fox Saturday mornings, or even anywhere on Cartoon Network or Nick Toons. Its slim pickings anywhere else, since there are no Saturday morning or weekday afternoon cartoons on the big broadcast networks anymore. So if you don't have cable, you don't get cartoons anymore.

Toy buying has always been reactionary for the regular people. TF sales were huge while all the movies were in theaters. I honestly think that one problem with TF sales taking a hit is because Prime is on the Hub. It would probably be better if it were on Fox Saturday mornings, or even anywhere on Cartoon Network or Nick Toons. Its slim pickings anywhere else, since there are no Saturday morning or weekday afternoon cartoons on the big broadcast networks anymore. So if you don't have cable, you don't get cartoons anymore.

:agree

They could at least wait a week and re-run the new episodes on regular channels if they're that worried about them having prime(no pun intended) slots on the hub. After all, they pretty much think of them as 30 minute long toy commercials, so why not play to the bigger audience then?

Let's see, I count things like paying more cash for less item/bang for the buck, lack luster toys, or toys that have a great premise but lousy delivery to the interested party or the toy/toy line has been done to death and saturated the intended market. Any, if not all of that defines TF's pretty well as far as it goes with us here on the board and the kids that collect them.

I like the TF's, but I'm not liking how they are declining in basic details and playability(those being bad QC on all levels) and rising in cost. It's appears they are pricing themselves out of the business, almost as if it's a planned move.

You know, I was just thinking of that other thread about complex transformations. This might have something to do with it as well. A co-worker of mine is always bringing his kid's TFs in so I can transform them, since neither he or his boy can figure it out. Must be a real buzz kill to not be able to properly play with your toys.

You know, I was just thinking of that other thread about complex transformations. This might have something to do with it as well. A co-worker of mine is always bringing his kid's TFs in so I can transform them, since neither he or his boy can figure it out. Must be a real buzz kill to not be able to properly play with your toys.

That's an astute POV I had not considered either. I remember my father being amazed and a little confused that I could turn a toy car into a bot and back again, and this from a guy that taught himself how to work on electronics, cars, and various other trades. Oddly still, Rubik's cubes posed no problem for him though. Go figger'.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be happy just with the one way ticket to the 80s. And I'm not taking a damn thing with me... won't need it.

As awesome as this would be it'd kill me to watch everything go south a second time....

Archived