Micheal Bay Says Mark Wahlberg Is On For Tf4 + Teaser Poster

BlackMagnus

According to Micheals Bays official website -http://michaelbay.com/ Marky Mark will be joining the cast of TF4 and coming back on from Bays latest, Pain and Gain. A teaser of the new logo has also been shown. Click the site above for all the details!

HOLLYWOOD, CA (November 8, 2012) – After an exceptionally successful collaboration on the upcoming "Pain and Gain," Michael Bay has cast Academy Award®-nominee Mark Wahlberg in the highly anticipated "TRANSFORMERS 4." The film will hit theaters June 27th, 2014.

"Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on "Pain and Gain" and I'm so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers' legacy," said Bay.

Bay will direct the next installment in the "TRANSFORMERS" series, which begins shooting next spring. From Paramount Pictures, a division of Viacom, Inc., in association with Hasbro, the film will be produced by Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.

Bay's first "TRANSFORMERS" film was a box office sensation in 2007, opening at #1 and earning more than $700 million worldwide. His second installment "TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN" in 2009 grossed more than $830 million worldwide. In 2011, "TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON" was an even bigger hit worldwide, grossing more than a billion dollars to become the 5th highest grossing film of all time. To date, the franchise has earned more than $2.6 billion worldwide.

So it has officially been confirmed for the first cast member to join the ranks of the Autobots (or Deceptiocns), so keep it tuned to TFormers for all your movie and toy related updates!

I'm a little more excited about this than I should be. I should know better. I've seen Wahlberg in Planet of The Apes, so I know he can churn out a s****y movie just as easily as Magic Mike can. And yet, something tells me this might just be good, to refresh the series and add a higher caliber of actor with regards to the Man Mountain Shia LaBeouf.

Still holding out hope that they cast Michelle Trachtenberg at some point. If Bay does this, I will lie and tell everyone I meet for one full calendar year that ALL of Michael Bay's movies are excellent.

Umm, maybe I should rethink that...I just lost 88 liver cells just typing that out.

I'm a little more excited about this than I should be. I should know better. I've seen Wahlberg in Planet of The Apes, so I know he can churn out a s****y movie just as easily as Magic Mike can. And yet, something tells me this might just be good, to refresh the series and add a higher caliber of actor with regards to the Man Mountain Shia LaBeouf.

Still holding out hope that they cast Michelle Trachtenberg at some point. If Bay does this, I will lie and tell everyone I meet for one full calendar year that ALL of Michael Bay's movies are excellent.

Umm, maybe I should rethink that...I just lost 88 liver cells just typing that out.

Lmao ... I hear ya man! I'd be more than ok seeing her in there!

As for the news, Marky Mark is ok, I've seen some garbage he's done, but I've also seen some really good stuff he's done. I'm more annoyed by the logo than anything else ... That thing stinks!

They can have whatever logo they want as long as they don't start calling it "Trans4mers".

And I like Mark Wahlberg. The Big Hit has always been a favorite movie of mine....

They can have whatever logo they want as long as they don't start calling it "Trans4mers".

And I like Mark Wahlberg. The Big Hit has always been a favorite movie of mine....

I'm with Tripredacus, X. You've as good as killed us.

I figured it was inevitable. At least it was a friend that pulled the trigger :P

Finally! An actor. No offense to Shia but a 4th movie with him would've just been too much. Plus it helps I'm a sucker for Mark Wahlberg.

I get the impression Bay knows he's lost his audience. He would not be talking up a fresh new angle if he didn't. For me, Wahlberg is an uninspired choice that suggests more candy-ass antics to come. I wanna see a Jason Statham or someone real edgy and serious like that on board.

Archived