Collection Count: Stealth Force Figures

Ferry

Currently I am nearing the 2000th Transformer in my collection and I have already decided that this would be Fortress Maximus. :tfgrin

At the moment I still about about 40 figures before I reach that milestone though. With that in mind I have been wondering about something. Do the Stealth Force figures count as Transformers.

And I do not mean the RPM cars. I got two of those with the DS games of Dark Of The Moon and they are just toy cars with a picture of a Transformer on the bottom and poorly painted at that. As freebies with the games I like them but I would never buy them loose.

The same goes for the Bumblebee car that I got with the Dark Of The Moon Stealth Force game on Wii.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:SpeedStars_StealthForce_MiniChangers_Bumblebee%26SentinelPrime.jpg

(The above picture shows a slight variation of mine.)

On this, the doors just open and that is all.

However the other Stealth Force figures and I bought a few as they were on sale here are very nice. I have Bumblebee and though he seems to be missing a few phrases (damm this international release) he is impreessive. The weapons fold out slowly and there is a lot going on.

Same for the deluxe size cars and even a small motorcycle like really had a lot going on. It does not transform into a robot, true, but he does transform into a battle mode.

And in the past there have been Transformers that border on being Transformers. The Action Masters do not transform, only their partners so and some very simplisctically. The Jumpstarters only fold up, nothing more. And the Beast Wars Mutants lack a robot mode alltogether but they still count.

I have the Animated Bumper Battlers and they are no less complicated than a Throttlebot. They transform so to me they count as Transformers.

I do not count large non Transforming figures such as this one http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:CyberSpeedBumblebee_toy.JPG or the Robot Heroes figures of which I picked up a few dirt cheap.

The Stealth Force line is something different and I like it for that and I think there is so much going on with these guys that I just have to ask, do they count as Transformers?

I would certainly count it. I follow the Shmax rules of what is a toy and what is merchandise, which is a lot simpler than that think Goki came up with.

Where can I find those rules?

It is difficult to get a consensus on this and Hasbro/Tomy do not make it easier either. Targetmaster partners would not count but Mini-Cons do. However, the PCC Mini-Cons are more like Targetmasters because they lack a vehicle mode.

Shmax.com is a collection tracking website. The actual "rules" are not made public. So I can just show you an example. If you look at my collection page: http://www.shmax.com/view_collection/1/56

1. At the top you see I have "545 products". This number reflects actual "products" including artifacts such as the Skywarp Numeral Candle. Items such as a multipack... say Hardhead and Duros count as 1 product.

2. Scroll down a bit on the right and it says "597/13164" under Figure completion. This counts the individual figures, such as Hardhead and Duros count as individual "figures" but things like the Skywarp Numeral Candle does not figure into it.

So its relative enough to see it from a few different angles and I don't really have to concern myself with how this or that counts, etc. If someone asks how many figures I have? I just say 597, because that's what I have in my collection there. It takes care of itself.

Here are Goki's UCM, another method that some users like to follow as well but is more of a manual process for those who would prefer it.

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=133129

• 2 weeks later...

I've got Hound and Soundwave of those. Hound isn't bad, a slightly larger version of the Universe Hound's alt mode and Soundwave is okay.

Only got the ones I saw in the stores here. Bumblebee and Optimus are nice and the others are cool too.

Archived