Rumor: Disney In Talks To Buy Hasbro - Transformers More Than Meets The Mouse?

BaCon

mmt.jpg
Gosh, if there ever was a rumor I didn't want to be true. It was this one just in via MTV Geek that Disney and Hasbro are in talks about an acquisition. With the pocket-book open and Star Wars in the cart, it seem the Mouse is looking for more cheese in Hasbro's library of brands including Transformers, My Little Pony, GI Joe, Battleship, Nerf, Magic: The Gathering, Monopoly, and literally 100s of toys and games kids have grown up with for decades. Read the Full News Story Here

This is good for Transformers, Disney to bail out Hasbro's stupidity. Only question will Disney allow Hasbro to continue making its own decisions?

Although I can see Takara's Disney Label coming over and being sold in Disney Stores exclusively. I fear we will see a major change as Disney has strict rules about violence

Historically, this kind of consolidation is a sign of collapse more than a success. A few years ago when I was at SDCC, I saw pop culture was becoming redundant and entropic and I think this is a sign that its running out of steam.

For those saying Disney will make Transformers extremely anti-violent, anybody remember the second and third Pirate's movies? As far as being bad for the franchise, exactly how did Disney's purchase of all Marvel properties negatively impact the Avengers film? I'm not saying that Disney WILL revitalize the franchise pleasing longtime fans and attracting new ones, however Disney certainly has the name and financial backing to make it possible.

Never said Disney will make Transformers Extremely Anti-Violent :P

I'm just sure there will be changes, but again this is all hypothetical, until it actually happens. and if BaCon is right. Disney might be buying for when Pop Culture takes off again. Cause it is true how consolidation is a way of staving off collapse. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

If this happened, the hub would disappear, and TFs would be on a more accessible channel broadening their audience. I'd also hope Disney brings better writers to the table of the movie franchise too. But the Pirates franchise also proves Disney can provide some bad writers. We'll see what happens. Wonder how it would affect Takara...

On the bright side, since IL&M was just bought by Disney, at least they would have all the CGI intact. Though I'm sure it'd peeve off Paramount/Dreamworks

Archived