So... Is Anyone Else Still Getting The Amazon Jetwing Optimus?

Reluttr

Back before botcon it really seemed like a no brainer to preorder the jetwing optimus. Every month since amazon has sent me a email reminding me that they honestly don't know when they will actually get the figure and that they will tell me when they know more.

Now here it is November, I had put it so far in the back of my mind that I had totally forgot I had even preordered it and I get the email they send. Honestly when I first saw the email I thought g2 bruticus has shipped, since the title of the email is very similar to the one Amazon sends out when a order ships. XD

Anyways I suppose it could had been brought on by the disappointment of g2 bruticus not being shipped, but I am seriously considering just canceling jetwing prime. I mean yes... it has the retoolings I wanted done to the original ROTF mold, removal of the stupid spring loaded swords, the buster tanks, and easier to transform torso. But then I got to thinking about it, during DOTM and ROTF the leader class figures were $30-$40 each, So I am essentially paying $70-$80 for a giant mass of extra plastic that does not serve any other purpose than to take up space and weigh down prime more. I mean yes... it looks cool and is considerably cheaper than the Takara version, but there seems to be so much more out that's worthy of the $110.

How about you guys? Think it would be the wrong move to drop it like a lead weight in a flood?

it's up to you. i think this is a vast improvement over the Takara version since the jet parts actually are painted and aren't a solid gray color. and that one sold for $200... I'm keeping mine. they haven't charged me yet so i have no complaints. i just wish they would put a date on it soon. I'm also fine with waiting for G2 Bruticus. Free shipping is nice. i'm not home til december so i can wait the longer wait time.

Ok this is starting to piss me off, I'm starting to think Amazon will be canceling, because Hasbro is not making it

Amazon's Jetwing Prime is my number 1 priority in buying everything else has been secondary and picked up because nothing has been coming out about Amazon's Jetwing Prime

Wasn't bruticus supposed to ship in oct and prime would ship in nov?

Bruticus is estimated for Nov. 15, no clue about the Prime.

• 2 weeks later...

So totally forgot that I had preordered this guy. I could have sworn that I cancelled it the last time I cleaned out the collection (which is up on ebay right now, link available over in the endcap). But I think right now I am going to leave it be and wait and see. I currently have the Striker Prime combined with Jetfire and not sure I need another movie prime.

I thought at SDCC Jetwing Prime had Nov 12 on the tag sitting next to it and Bruticus had Dec 12? I ordered the last three pieces to Bruticus last week from ToysRUs and recieved them Saturday. I'm going to keep my Jetwing Prime preorder and hope it does arrive in Nov.

Archived