Favorite Continutity And Why

BlackMagnus

Me, I'm 32 yrs old so G1 was huge part of my childhood. The cartoons were great and the toys even better (from a childs stand point). As I got older, I found Beast Wars and the stories that they told were out of this world, the characters were believeable and the morals were spot on. Couldn't have been written better, something as a younger lad,

I couldn't appreciate. Transmutate sticks out in my mind the best.

So what is yours? Toys or show.

Discuss.

I'm 27 and G1 is by far my favorite continuity, I grew up on videotapes my dad made for my older sisters, and the four series he taped that stood out far above everything else was Thundercats, Voltron, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Transformers. While for the most part these were scattered tales from the first year of each series, Transformers captured my interest in a way the other three just couldn't match, and has since become a constant lifelong companion. While I look at the first season of the G1 animated series as undeniably the best episodes of the entire three year run, I can't proclaim my love of G1 without mentioning the comics. While I was far to young to enjoy them when they were new and on the shelves, I found myself really loving the few issues that my local comic shops still had in backstock, I spent the better part of 2004 and 2005 tracking down the entire Marvel run (individual issues, I had a major beef with collected editions back then) and after obtaining and finally reading those wonderful tales of my favorite Robots In Disguise it became clear that due to a small factor of age I had missed out on what was arguably the greatest piece of the early Transformers franchise. Bob Budiansky and Simon Furman brought these characters to life back then in ways that the animated series simply couldn't, and to this day I long to see DCAF style direct to dvd films based on the original Marvel run.

36 - G1 forever! Watched the show everyday after school as a kid and had as many toys as I could get my parents to buy me.

I know there is not a lot of love for Beast Machines but my son and I bonded over TFs during the run of that show, so its kind of special to me because of that.

I missed Armada and Energon completely - but I doubt I am missing much there.

I hated Animated. When I saw the Autobots fighting a little girl on a magic flying pony I was done with that BS. I think a lot of the toys from the show were pretty, good but the show was a POS!

Prime has really grown on me. I missed a lot of it not having the HUB from the get go, but since getting it I have been catching up on the reruns and I really dig the story line - even though the humans bring the show down a bit.

For me it is no contest. G1 comic continuity. Even to include G.I.Joe (but not Marvel Universe ie Secret Wars II), G2, Marvel UK including Ancient Relics crossover with Action Force, Death's Head and the post-fan fiction such as Eugenesis.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 27 so I vaguely remember G1 reruns/vhs tapes but Beast Wars was prominent growing up. With the writing and CGI, Beast Wars was/is my favorite series. Transmutate is an incredible episode, but nothing stands up to Code of Hero. Transmutate was great because we really got to see Rampage develop as something more then a rage monster. Code of Hero was the best because it sent off a beloved character in a epically appropriate way. Even though Dinobot died, you didn't feel jipped (at least not until Dinobot 2 showed up) deep down under the sadness at seeing him go there was a great sense of satisfaction. Being able to effect me as a kid in such a way with fiction hooked me.

Not like in Prime where all the hype around Cliffjumper was brought crashing down into a zombie oblivion straight off the bat.

Archived