Planet X Shows Off Full Figure Of Genesis

Lord_Onslaught

Here is an update that is surprising

Big Bad Toy Store has removed Planet X's Project Genesis from the store

http://www.bigbadtoy...tail&picture=in

You click it and it shows up void. So that tells me either Hasbro sent a letter to BBTS, and they canceled all orders for Project Genesis, or nobody placed a pre order for Project Genesis. So BBTS removed it and has no intention of even buying any

Wouldn't have been the first time, didn't they pull the iGear seekers?

Yeah, so did TFsource, however I believe that was in response to MP-11, why buy the knockoff when you can get the real deal?

Well the IGear Seekers were obvious Knock offs, so of coarse they are not going to sell them, yet both still sold the Conehead Masterpieces

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You click it and it shows up void. So that tells me either Hasbro sent a letter to BBTS, and they canceled all orders for Project Genesis, or nobody placed a pre order for Project Genesis. So BBTS removed it and has no intention of even buying any

Yeah, so did TFsource, however I believe that was in response to MP-11, why buy the knockoff when you can get the real deal?

Well the IGear Seekers were obvious Knock offs, so of coarse they are not going to sell them, yet both still sold the Conehead Masterpieces

So where the Coneheads for that matter, KOs of the seeeker mold itself and then Wheeljack(slabs?) works.

So where the Coneheads for that matter, KOs of the seeeker mold itself and then Wheeljack(slabs?) works.

Not obvious ones like the Seekers were, as Igear did not change any of the aesthetics of the Seeker MP mold

Not obvious ones like the Seekers were, as Igear did not change any of the aesthetics of the Seeker MP mold

We must not be talking about the same ones because anyone who cannot see that mold was a complete KO (in the same vein as Faith Leader) is on some good stuff. The head and hip kibble were changed and that was WJs works. They have finally moved onto being a full 3rd party as opposed to a CHMS. TO me big differece in KO and 3Rd party.

I was some what impressed by the bot mode, but the alt mode looks like a big afterthought. If I decide to get an OS figure I will definitely get the Platinum version. IMHO 3rd parties should try to improve figures with add on sets than to make a whole figure. That way you are complementing HasTak instead of being in direct competition. If I were in charge of figures I would be looking at customizers for ideas on how to take molds we already have made and can tweek to make new ones. Offer freelance jobs for ideas to keep stuff fresh and in tune with the community.

I guess it depends on what a KO is. I understand it to be an exact copy of the original, but in most cases it is of much lower quality. To me the iGear coneheads were not KO figures as they had distinct differences to the Takara / Hasbro ones. I will say they shared a proven transformation, but they added and changes items that I myself am still disappointed that HasTak didn't. For me I think they did the fans a service where HasTak didn't by making them.

However, for me figures like as traitor, lightning, etc...we're a lot more of a high percentage 95% like the HasTak ones. I would almost consider them mass scale custom figures, since they added wrist communicators, and had the leg mod on them. I always wonder what would happen If HasTak decided to sell the older seeker mold to a 3rd party.......would they still be classified as KOs?

The mini MP OP though we're exactly a scaled down KO, since they were 100% like the original figure just smaller.

BBTS pulls anything that upsets Hasbro because Hasbro gives them exclusives. Hasbro is releasing a Platinum editon Omega Supreme, so BBTS won't carry Genesis.

I guess it depends on what a KO is. I understand it to be an exact copy of the original, but in most cases it is of much lower quality. To me the iGear coneheads were not KO figures as they had distinct differences to the Takara / Hasbro ones. I will say they shared a proven transformation, but they added and changes items that I myself am still disappointed that HasTak didn't. For me I think they did the fans a service where HasTak didn't by making them.

However, for me figures like as traitor, lightning, etc...we're a lot more of a high percentage 95% like the HasTak ones. I would almost consider them mass scale custom figures, since they added wrist communicators, and had the leg mod on them. I always wonder what would happen If HasTak decided to sell the older seeker mold to a 3rd party.......would they still be classified as KOs?

The mini MP OP though we're exactly a scaled down KO, since they were 100% like the original figure just smaller.

plus enough modification of the mold where it resembles the original perfectly, and because the seekers were released originally by Hasbro and Takara, which makes Igears seekers Knock Off's, the Coneheads had enough changes and were not released in any MP capacity by either Takara or Hasbro, so they are not Knock Offs

What is this Platinum Edition Omega Supreme?

The Platinum Generations Omega Supreme is a repaint and remold of the Energon Omega Supreme

Which I would rather have, then Project Genesis

01%20TF_Platinum_Omega_Supreme_1__scaled_600.jpg

Archived