Hasbro Rumored To Raise Prices On New Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Toys

BaCon

Honestly DSJ, I would be happy for even 1 new Dinobot, that is not Grimlock. As he is the one getting all the attention, and the rest need updates. One can only use Energon Swoop as Universe swoop for so long. I would even take a ROTF Mindwipe repainted as Swoop with a new head, But to get one of them would be awesome in a new mold

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasbro's profits are tanking and they are surely doing this out of desperation. If they have another bad Xmas sales wise. They gonna be bad shape. That said, I don't think raising prices will help boost sales.

:shrug

Over the last 10 years (especially since the first live action film), Hasbro has oversaturated fans/kids/collectors with Transformers. I wouldn't mind seeing Hasbro take a break from Transformers. They have had so many lines, I think it wouldn't hurt if Hasbro gave Transformers a break after the next movie. Crazy talk I know....

Over the last 10 years (especially since the first live action film), Hasbro has oversaturated fans/kids/collectors with Transformers. I wouldn't mind seeing Hasbro take a break from Transformers. They have had so many lines, I think it wouldn't hurt if Hasbro gave Transformers a break after the next movie. Crazy talk I know....

I'm in full agreement with you PuertoRICON, Transformers does need a break even just a 5 year break would do it. Like the break between G1 and Beast Wars. Transformers has been constant for too long. It is time for Transformers to take a break right now here are the top 5 reasons, for the slide in Transformers and Hasbro, because Hasbro has kept most of it on Transformers

1) Over saturation of the market. Bumblebee's have been clogging shelves for over a year, stifling new product

2) Trying to make Bumblebee the new face of Transformers

3)The Hub, while Prime has won awards, the return has fallen below expectation

4) Failure of the Marvel lines and My Little Pony among other canceled lines

5) Distribution

Well, I just came back from Target, and Deluxes, although not much, went up from 14.99 to 15.49. And that was just on the regular Prime figures, they didn't have any Generations.

If that's just Target raising price to then put discounts, I can live with it and just wait until after Christmas. But if it's Hasbro rasing prices, well, that's goodbye for me buying for my collection, for my son and for my nephews' (and I have plenty) birthdays and Christmas.

So, with me, they loose about 3 customers, plus no more recomending the toys to other people (which I do a lot).

And if we add it up to Michael Bay on TF4 (I refuse to give one more cent to him, don't car if it's TF). It sure looks like they are trying to push away fans and collectors.

Michael Bay had nothing to do with Hasbro raising the price. So you can not blame Michael Bay, if there was one person who should receive blame for it, it is Aaron Archer, he has his hands in all of it

Archived