Psa: Watch Your Gdo Cliffjumpers Butt!

Reluttr

So it looks like Hasbro has stumbled upon the red variant of GPS, or just unfortunately used the wrong type plastic at the wrong place. Regardless of the causes, I know two people who have actually had their GDO cliffjumper break at the henge on the car hood where the horns are connected. You see the part is not actually a hinge, but hasbro built it as such and with plastic stops, since it would make it easier I guess to install the rubber car horns that way. Anyways the whole thing is a recipe for disaster due to the thin support design holding it all together and the Soft GPS like glittery red plastic GDO Cliffjumper is cast in.

Anyways when I was first told of the part being prone to breaking, I checked my gdo cliffjumper and all seemed fine, then today another friend had his break in the exact same spot, so I checked it again and lo and behold there are cracks forming on the "henge" supports due to transformation. Keep in mind I am very gentle with my toys when transforming them, and I know the two people that had this figure break are to, so just keep a eye out and try to avoid putting ANY pressure on the "butt flap" when in robot mode.

I would like to point out that my FE cliffjumper and FE Zombiejumper do NOT have this problem. "Not sure if the all clear takara zombiejumper has it or not, chime in if it does."

Anyways I will attach a image of the problem, between my phones autofocus and the flash you can bairly see the cracks... so I added a giant blue arrow to help. XD

20121031_155128.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No the Clear Takara Zombie Cliffjumper does not have this problem, and neither does my GDO Cliffjumper, which tells me people are being too rough with their GDO Cliffjumper

No the Clear Takara Zombie Cliffjumper does not have this problem, and neither does my GDO Cliffjumper, which tells me people are being too rough with their GDO Cliffjumper

I'm not rough with my figures, but I have to say all the hinges and joints on my GDO figure were really tight. My hinge DID break and I KNOW I was not too rough with him. :P also I Know how to transform him....that part is just Kind of strangely designed. I had to glue mine back together....:(

Well yours could be unaffected for a number of reasons.

1. Your figure is from a different batch from the affected ones, meaning the plastic mix may had been more stable. "less metallic particles"

2. You have not transformed or handled your figure enough for the cracking to begin.

3. your figure may be cracking in a spot you simply don't notice.

Regardless, if what I have been doing with the figure is "to rough" then the figure has simply failed as a toy. Because carefully transforming the figure a handful of times and doing a few standing poses is nothing near what the advertised age child would do to it.

Well the kicker here is it is the same on FE Cliffjumper and Clear Purple Terrorcon Cliffjumper

And I admit, most of my Transformers are Transformed once then go on the shelf, at most I will Transform a figure 3 times, but like I said the mold is the same for all versions. And for the others to not have any issue, tells me people are being rough with the part when it sticks, and you might be right about the metal somehow getting mixed in.

I too had this very problem. It's like the plastic they used was the cheapest possible. From what I've heard from other memebers of the TF community and TRU employess alike, is that has been a problem. TRU said they have n't seen a return on recent memory being returned for the same reason. Luckily, my FE TC has none of those problems (cracks, cheap palstic, tight joints). GDO has been only the second TF I have ever returned, first being ROTF Thrust, what a pos.

Guess I keep getting lucky as none of mine ever have the problems people are saying they have

If I had transformed him a few time and it did that I wouldn't be upset I would blame myself for being too rough...but this happened on the first time I transformed him....I am just glad I bought him at retail and not the inflated eBay prices as I would be pretty upset.....though I am not all roses either....just softens the blow to know that.....:tfevil

Archived