Hurricane Sandy Coming, Are Your Tf's Safe? Are You?

Backfire

Living in NJ, directly in the path of the hurricane, hoping my faming and friends will be safe, but also my new home and my stuff - still locked up in a storage locker.

Invsion the roof blowing off, and my stuff getting at the very least drenched in water.

House is insured, stuff is not.

How about the rest of you in the Tristate area?

All the weather models project the storm to come right up to my area (Buffalo NY). The only concern of mine is that if I get any water in the basement, I'm going to bring everything upstairs. As far as damage scenarios go, there aren't any trees around anymore thanks to Lake Storm Aphid, at least near my house.

I'm in NJ too Backfire and all my toys are in a storage unit as well. I can't get out to check on them right now. Hopefully they are okay. The winds weren't too bad. I imagine if anything, water leakage through the roof might be the most if any damage. I also hope everybody affected by the storm is okay.

I have family in Buffalo, so I'm hoping when the storm hits it won't be nearly as bad as everyone is predicting.

We didn't really get a storm. I do not know anyone in the area who had any sort of problems due to wind or flood.

Nothing in Buffalo will beat the October Storm from 2006. Had almost 2 feet of water in my basement. Luckily no Transformers were hurt, but a crapload of our trees were. Living in Buffalo and working at one of the News stations there, crazy weather was always overhyped....it wasn't on the that October though.

Nothing in Buffalo will beat the October Storm from 2006. Had almost 2 feet of water in my basement. Luckily no Transformers were hurt, but a crapload of our trees were. Living in Buffalo and working at one of the News stations there, crazy weather was always overhyped....it wasn't on the that October though.

That one was pretty bad... just by the damage and long lasting effects. That (Lake Storm Aphid) is the reason why there are no trees near my house nowadays.

That one was pretty bad... just by the damage and long lasting effects. That (Lake Storm Aphid) is the reason why there are no trees near my house nowadays.

Where in Buffalo are you? I lived near Richmond on Lafayette in the city......so many downed trees :(

Where in Buffalo are you? I lived near Richmond on Lafayette in the city......so many downed trees :(

I'm in South Buffalo near Caz park... but I work past the airport. Oh the driving!

Archived