Omega Supreme

Jason X

From a battlefield perspective G1 Omega is too limited to be a last line of defense. A rocket and a tank that is on an oval track? That's not a line of defense at all. Then taking the Energon version. A train and a battleship. Good update but still, for a highly advanced race of alien robots and their last line of defense is limited to a train track again? The battleship was good though.

G1 Omega being the only sentient guardian robot would be an easy explenation as we saw from multiple examples that a spark can be imbued onto almost any mechanical object. Example, G1 Bruticus and the G1 Dinobots.

Animated Omega was a great update to the concept and man it would have been cool to have a toy version. I still think a great update to this would be multiple military vehicles combining to become Omega would be sweet. One question is how far would you stray from the original yet still stay true to the character? Doing an update is it enough that the robot look like G1 and the alt pieces don't match?

Actually, IMO, Gen 1 Omega's alt mode was primarily used for rocket missions. The tank and associated parts were part of the perimeter guarding. Omega Supreme's robot mode IS the Autobot's last defense. He was a towering and powerful giant. As far as an update, as long as his robot mode has elements to the original character, his alt mode can change. An example would be RTS Perceptor,

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

From a battlefield perspective G1 Omega is too limited to be a last line of defense. A rocket and a tank that is on an oval track? That's not a line of defense at all. Then taking the Energon version. A train and a battleship. Good update but still, for a highly advanced race of alien robots and their last line of defense is limited to a train track again? The battleship was good though.

G1 Omega being the only sentient guardian robot would be an easy explenation as we saw from multiple examples that a spark can be imbued onto almost any mechanical object. Example, G1 Bruticus and the G1 Dinobots.

Animated Omega was a great update to the concept and man it would have been cool to have a toy version. I still think a great update to this would be multiple military vehicles combining to become Omega would be sweet. One question is how far would you stray from the original yet still stay true to the character? Doing an update is it enough that the robot look like G1 and the alt pieces don't match?

Actually, IMO, Gen 1 Omega's alt mode was primarily used for rocket missions. The tank and associated parts were part of the perimeter guarding. Omega Supreme's robot mode IS the Autobot's last defense. He was a towering and powerful giant. As far as an update, as long as his robot mode has elements to the original character, his alt mode can change. An example would be RTS Perceptor,

Good point, so what about a triple changing Omega Supreme. Huge battlestation/tank, heavily armored spaceship, and Omega Supreme robot mode.

YotS Omega is $99 Dollars though. I already have the Energon one and I'm working on a custom Omega.

You're right; however, I don't have Energon Omega, and I want an Omega to stand in with my CHUGs. The third party one is HUGE, but out of my price range. Plus, YotS Omega's colors looks better than the Energon versions.

Good point, so what about a triple changing Omega Supreme. Huge battlestation/tank, heavily armored spaceship, and Omega Supreme robot mode.

That would be cool!!! Unfortunately, Hasbro has idiots running it, so the next best thing to a Generations style or updated Omega Supreme is the YotD version.

I always thought a JOE crossover making Omega the Terrordrome would be sweet. Hey Prime was a HISStank wasn't he?

EDIT: Actually I just thought of something. I'd rather have him as the Terrordome from the original TMNT cartoon :D

I always thought a JOE crossover making Omega the Terrordrome would be sweet. Hey Prime was a HISStank wasn't he?

EDIT: Actually I just thought of something. I'd rather have him as the Terrordome from the original TMNT cartoon :D

Nice idea about the Terrordrome being Omega Supreme.

Archived