Omega Supreme

Jason X

Animated was/is an amazing show. I'd love to at the very least see a comic continuation of that universe. So many stories went untold....

I did like G1 Omega Supreme though. It's just that for the purposes of this discussion the Animated take on his alt mode makes alot more sense.

And mass shifting is a cool concept, but it really only exists as an unnecessary complication to justiy releasing both Microman and Diaclone figures under one banner. As such, it's probably better that it was done away with in later TF incarnations.

Have you seen the mass changes in Transformers Prime? There's no way a motorcycle decompresses to that much mass the way Arcee does. Granted it's not as bad as G1 Megatron shifting but there are definite mass changes in TF Prime.

Transformers Prime has elements from Bayverse. Bayverse doesn't use mass shifting. What they do; however, is complex sliding and shifting of components to make them smaller. It's feasible enough.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Animated was/is an amazing show. I'd love to at the very least see a comic continuation of that universe. So many stories went untold....

I did like G1 Omega Supreme though. It's just that for the purposes of this discussion the Animated take on his alt mode makes alot more sense.

And mass shifting is a cool concept, but it really only exists as an unnecessary complication to justiy releasing both Microman and Diaclone figures under one banner. As such, it's probably better that it was done away with in later TF incarnations.

Have you seen the mass changes in Transformers Prime? There's no way a motorcycle decompresses to that much mass the way Arcee does. Granted it's not as bad as G1 Megatron shifting but there are definite mass changes in TF Prime.

Transformers Prime has elements from Bayverse. Bayverse doesn't use mass shifting. What they do; however, is complex sliding and shifting of components to make them smaller. It's feasible enough.

That is not necessarily true, I wouldn't say bayverse. Bayverse is more conclusive and irrelevant

That is not necessarily true, I wouldn't say bayverse. Bayverse is more conclusive and irrelevant

Please do explain? Anybody who has seen a Michael Bay/ Steven Spielberg movie can see the ideas from those said movies were used in Transformers Prime. Anybody who knows anything about those movies knows that Bay didn't like mass shifting, therefore used a complex process of shifting and folding pieces during transformation. Optimus Prime's first Transformation in the first movie is a perfect example. Blackout's transformation is another. Sure, the transformations aren't that complex in Prime, but what do you expect from an animated show? No, this fact is very relevant.

Actually Xop, Prime does take its transformations from the Bay verse, and is more relevent than any other line.

Now back to Omega, with everything going on with Planet X's Genesis, and a price tag of $120 for GP Omega in Asia, and a chance of him coming to the states. I'm still only getting GP Omega

Actually Xop, Prime does take its transformations from the Bay verse, and is more relevent than any other line.

Now back to Omega, with everything going on with Planet X's Genesis, and a price tag of $120 for GP Omega in Asia, and a chance of him coming to the states. I'm still only getting GP Omega

Me too!!

I want the new remold of energon OS cming out. Looks nice

I will be getting GP YOTS Omega Supreme, though not sure if I want to wait for his eventual stateside release. And just import him

Though I am surprised some what that Captured Prey is offering Project Genesis for $345

From a battlefield perspective G1 Omega is too limited to be a last line of defense. A rocket and a tank that is on an oval track? That's not a line of defense at all. Then taking the Energon version. A train and a battleship. Good update but still, for a highly advanced race of alien robots and their last line of defense is limited to a train track again? The battleship was good though.

G1 Omega being the only sentient guardian robot would be an easy explenation as we saw from multiple examples that a spark can be imbued onto almost any mechanical object. Example, G1 Bruticus and the G1 Dinobots.

Animated Omega was a great update to the concept and man it would have been cool to have a toy version. I still think a great update to this would be multiple military vehicles combining to become Omega would be sweet. One question is how far would you stray from the original yet still stay true to the character? Doing an update is it enough that the robot look like G1 and the alt pieces don't match?

Archived